Humidity Between Two Sensors is 4%, +15 offset still registers true

I'm a bit confused by how this logic is breaking down, so I'm likely not understanding something correctly.

This is my trigger condition - which I think should be False, correct? I'm trying to test for a >= +15 % difference between the Bathroom and Livingroom multisensors.

eg: 45 +15 = 60, not 49

The 49 comes from 45% + 15% of 45. The math is correct.

Maybe this screenshot shows it better

That's not how math works... :stuck_out_tongue:

45 + (.15 * 45) = 51.75

I thought of that as well, but that math doesn't seem to work. Which must mean I'm still not understanding something correctly

I didn't actually do the math but thought it would at least get someone else to respond. I don't do anything similar.

Anybody know what's going on here? Still can't seem to figure it out :confused:

Why does it say "Humidity of Bathroom Multisensor(49) is Livingroom Multisensor(45) +15 ?

It should read

is > Livingroom Multisensor

By the way "Living Room", not "Livingroom" :wink:

Either that's a UI bug, or there's something fishy going on in the background. The condition was > when I created it (as you can see in the trigger events). Regardless however, even if the condition is testing as equality, 49 != 45 + 15

Well, currently I do this in two RM 3 rules, but I've recreated this (I think it's right) in RM 4 and there doesn't appear to be a UI issue. I would completely delete that rule and start again. Are you on the latest platform build? That would be 2.1.2.123.

[Edit] And don’t forget the END-IF like I did in the above example.

There is a bug concerning an automatically created condition, which is probably what this one was. You had a trigger event and then it created the corresponding condition. That created condition missed the > element. This bug is corrected in the next release. You can simply remove that corrupted condition and replace it with the right one.

3 Likes