Hue (white) bulbs classified as dimmer in groups app

Hi,

I'm in the process of getting my HE set up and finally organising my home devices. I'm trying to gradually unpick my Hue setup, moving 'rooms' to hubitat groups, which I'll then trigger with the Hue motion sensors and switches (next phase!).

However, when trying to create Groups in HE, 3 of my Hue bulbs are listed in the dimmer drop down, not the bulb drop down. The devices are correctly identified as hueBridgeBulb

in the device list, but as you can see appear in the "dimmer" drop down

not the bulb drop down (which correctly lists my other bulbs). Whilst writing this, I do remember, these 3 bulbs are all hue white, not hue colour - but they are bulbs not dimmers.

I have removed the devices and re-added from the hue bridge app to test but it made no difference. Am I missing something here please?

If they are only dimmable bulbs, they will show up as dimmers. Bulbs refers to color bulbs only. That's the only distinction that Hubitat cares about, the color capability. The form factor is not what is being called out here. You're fine.

Thanks Ryan. Appreciate your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.