Hue Tap Switch Z-Wave Switch Control?

I searched, but could not exactly find how to set this up through Hubitat.

I have the new Phillips Hue Tap Switch (4-button) that I am using to control nightstand bulbs in my bedroom. Also in the bedroom, I have a Z-Wave wall switch connected to an overhead fan with light, the lights are hardwired LEDs so I cannot replace them with Hue bulbs. I'd like to use one of the Hue Tap Switch buttons to control the overhead light via the Z-Wave switch. Is there a way to accommodate this? The Hue Tap Switch buttons are not exposed to the Hubitat via Hue integration, and I'd like to keep the Tap switch paired to the Hue hub to maintain short & long press functionality. Not sure how I can do this as the Hue hub doesn't seem to allow me to create a virtual trigger bulb, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the community!

Nothing like re-using a name Phillips Hue Tap Switch to make things confusing. :unamused:

This new Phillips Hue Tap - Dial - Switch looks pretty nice. $$$

Product highlights
  • No-wire installation
  • Smooth dimming
  • Battery powered
  • Mount anywhere
  • Easy access to light scenes

https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/p/hue-tap-dial-switch/046677578800

Have a look at this community integration:

I don’t know if my tap switch driver is compatible, but I dont see why not. Once the tap switch is paired with hue hub, the dimmer wheel won’t work, but the three buttons might. I did buy the other dimmer that is similar, and found the the wheel doesn’t integrate well at all. The reason is that hue doesn’t send the number of clicks the wheel was turned right/left, and the delay from hue receiving the signal, to sending the event over the wire to Hubitat makes for a complex and less than organic solution.

What I recommend is trying to see if you can create a room, and put only the dimmer in it (on the hue hub). Then seeing if the room will turn on/off and adjust brightness as commanded by the dimmer. If it does, I would recommend importing the room, and using the mirror app to mirror the hue room to your ceiling fan light. If it does not support dimming, that is fine, it will mirror on/off state then.

If you would like to try to integrate this via hue hub, I will need to purchase one so I can work out details, if it doesn’t work with the current driver.