Hue Outdoor PIR motion avail Feb 2019

For folks looking at outdoor PIR options (which are limited))....

I saw that Philips Hue announced an outdoor, battery motion sensor at CES, avail mid Feb 2019. MSRP $50 USD. It may be a good sensor for our hubitat systems. I couldn't find real information on the unit, just the pretty marketing webpage from Hue that didn't say much (range, adjustability, all the important stuff) We'll need to keep an eye out for when they are released in the wild.

-Eric

They are available here in the UK to pre order and will be dispatched for 13th Feb. I’m toying with the idea of getting one. Amazon UK pictures show the sensor on the Hue app and you can see there’s the normal sensor settings

I had one on pre-order since earlier in the year and it arrived on Monday.

Initial impressions are that it's very well made, looks pretty good and the mounting bracket(s) are very flexible, allowing for surface mounting as well as inner and outer wall corner mounting.

I've not added it to HE yet as I want to install it first outside (when it's not pouring with rain), but based on some posts over on the DECONZ forum ( Hue outdoor motion sensor · Issue #1201 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub ) the fingerprint is the same as the indoor version apart from model number, so I don't expect there to be any issues with it in HE.

I can confirm the sensor can be picked up when doing a device discovery. So far I have only been able to get activity, battery level and temperature from the device - no lux level (I have had it connected to HE for 5 minutes so far):

However as you can see, temperature isn’t really correct lol. The device log shows °C as the temp type but it certainly isn’t -192°C lol
@martyn have you added your one to HE yet?

Ignore my last post! - When pairing, HE picked up the custom driver I have installed from before Hue drivers were included in firmware. Changing to the HE drivers and all is good :slight_smile: temp, battery, illuminance and motion all working as expected