Hue motion sensor retrigger setting

I have just purchased a Hue motion sensor which does seem to work when triggering a light although once the light is turned off it seems to take ages before it will trigger again. Is there a setting I can change?

I’d also like it to turn the light on dim when light levels are low, then with motion make it bright white. After a minute of no motion return it to dim brightness.

Yes.

Thanks seen that and sometimes it seems to follow the 10 second timer other times it doesn’t.

Do you have a motion lighting app controlling the lights with other rules? Perhaps you should post that.

My guess as to what's happening is that you have a rule set up on a certain amount of lux. However the motion sensor only updates its lux every 5 minutes, so you might be getting old data. For example, if the lights turn on, the lux value will increase, the lights will turn off but the value doesn't decrease until the next lux refresh.

As determined how? What are you observing that is creating grief?

While adding my 4th outdoor Hue sensor this evening, I monitored the device page to get a rough idea of the detection zone. Once I stopped moving the status changed from "active" to "inactive" within 10s. So, I am confident that they do what they say.

My Sonoff motion sensors behave quite differently, and I have experienced some confusing light turn-offs as a result. So, I do believe that you can be having some unexpected activity ... just not sure what it is.
UPDATE: I just read that the Sonoff SNZB-03 has a fixed dead time of 150s (2.5 minutes) in which it will not re-trigger. So, I updated those automations to turn off lights after 3 minutes of inactivity.

The easiest way I have found is to use the community app Lights On Motion Plus.

1 Like

Hi, thanks I’ve got the app and got it working however a couple of things I’m not sure on:

What lux level should you use for needing the light to come on? I’m not sure how lux relates to darkness on scale of when you would normally turn the light on.

Also my bulb is a coloured bulb similar question to the one about lux what should I be using for CT/Hue or saturation?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.