Hue Integration unresponsive until bridge reboot

Recently I'm getting frequent unresponsiveness from the Hue Integration. Cannot control with my Pico, then try from the device driver and also unresponsive. Rebooting the Hue Bridge always resolves the issue. It's happening once per day, but no particular time that I've noticed.

There are absolutely no warnings or errors in the HE log. The thing that has changed in my network since this started happening is the addition of an IKEA Symfonisk speaker. I have installed many Sonos systems for clients, but have never owned one myself until now. The Sonos integration was installed, but I wasn't using it yet, so I uninstalled it. The issue persisted, but that doesn't mean it's not related. I did have to reboot the Hue Bridge before things returned to normal. I have not needed to reboot the HE hub.

Need advice from the other Sonos users or anyone that has seen similar behavior of late. Is this related or coincidence? The wife acceptance factor is high for the Symfonisk, but I need to resolve the Hue issue before it affects her.

Have not seen something like this, I have 3 Sonos devices and one hue bridge on my network. I have reserved IP addresses in my router for all of them. Have you checked if you had an IP conflict?

1 Like

I have 18+ Hue Bulbs on the Hue Hub, and 7 Sonos Devices, including 2 of the Symfonisks.

I also have 2 Hue Outdoor Motion sensors connected directly to Hubitat.

I have seen no unusual behavior on the Hue devices whatsoever.

S.

1 Like

Have not reserved for the Sonos. I’m out of slots. Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks. Sounds like it’s just a coincidence. No clue what’s causing this. It’s odd. The Hue Bridge continues to respond from the Hue app, from Alexa via Hue Skill and via Google Assisant. It’s just the HE Hue Integration that stops responding until a Bridge reboot. :thinking:

I remember you pointing someone to the hue app??? to check what authentications they had at the hue bridge. Worth a check?

1 Like

Try opening the Hue app and see if you can control your lights. If not, then it's definitely a Hue problem. If it is, then it might be a HE problem, maybe not.

Out of slots? Have not heard of that one before on a router. What brand/model is that?

That is strange. Hue hub gtting hot perhaps?

Scott

TP-Link Deco M5. It’s a dumb limitation, but I otherwise really like the router. It’s limited to 16 device reservations. They promised to increase it months ago, but so far have not.

Maybe? But I have two HE hubs next to it and they are mounted vertically, just as it is. I would not expect the Hue Bridge to overheat before the hubs.

Maybe my bridge is just going bad?

It's possible. It's hard to see how the failure would work though, since it still seems to be operating normally outside of the integration with HE.

Database corruption on the HE side perhaps?????

He says grasping at straws.

S.

So far today, it has not occurred. A couple of fluke occurrences maybe.

IP conflict could have been it.

They are either reserved or assigned by the router. I have no static IP addresses, so a conflict is unlikely.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.