Hue hub/bridge working fine, but get Device type not support for non-phillipshue switches

I have the Hue integration working fine for all the OEM Hue bulbs
I have some Zigbee3 non-phillips external switches which are detected as On/Off Light and work perfectly with the phillips hue app and can be switched on/off fine
But under Hubitat in the log it lists them as available bulbs but wont let me add them to the usual list, in the Log file it says Warn - Device type On/Off light not supported
how can I fix this?

This is the switch I have installed connected to the Hue Hub
https://www.amazon.com/110-240V-Controller-Compatible-Control-Automation/dp/B07FBD96DG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Smart+ZigBee+3.0+Light+Switch+Controller+Compatible+with+Echo&qid=1561609337&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Have you tried disconnecting them from the Philips Bridge and pairing them with Hubitat directly, instead of through the Hue Bridge? The normal Philips switches can only be used on Hubitat if they're paired with Hubitat only. They don't even show up on Hubitat if paired with the Hue Bridge....

I couldn't find that product here. Maybe I'm missing it or maybe they're not actually Zigbee certified and shouldn't be printing that logo on their box.

The switches work perfectly under the Hue hub, hue android app (and Hue Pro android app I use), and also Hubitat can add the hue group that the switches are in and turn then on/off that way, so why cant it just add them as normal bulbs to control them individually a well?
I could create a group for each individual switch which would work, but I dont see why it cant simply add them as a hue bulb like other apps do seeing as its just sending a hue command to the hue hub itself just like any bulb and doesnt need to talk directly to the switch itself over zigbee directly

HE doesn't support Switch integration through Phillips hue bridge. If your switch is ZHA then you can try paring it direct to the HE hub. If your switch is ZLL profile then SOL for now.

Seems like im SOL with some pretty basic things under this Hubitat, even my Zigbee and ZWave networks now just go offline for no reason?
I was thinking buying this would be an easier system to use then OpenHab but so far it seems openhab worked a bit easier than this and my ZWave under that didnt just stop working at random.
Enabling the option to send an on/off command to a hue Bridge for any devices connected/controlled from it shouldnt be a major programming requirement and a pretty basic thing to support, if OpenHab and other systems can do it and any other app that supports talking to the Hue hub ive found, then why cant Hubitat be bothered to support it? They are just standard Hue bulbs with status and on/off for any other app that talks to the Hue hub but Hubitat wants to treat them differently to every other app out there for some reason

Might be pie-in-the-sky wishful thinking here, but would it ever be possible to have HE play nice with switches and sensors via the API to the Hue bridge, rather than only working directly? I just got my Lutron Aurora and it's amazing paired to Hue directly. I'd just love for HE to have visibility to it's actions for running other automations. As a work-around, I might have to watch the bulbs, but that's not nearly as much fun.

The limitation is in the Hue API. They don't expose them for HE to use.

awww dang. So I guess I'll have to try my hand at a device handler, or perhaps someone will whip one up this upcoming week.

The Hue bridge is incapable of sending real time device updates anywhere, even their own app it seems.
Any hue device other than a bulb really can't be used in Hubitat unless it's joined to Hubitat.

Don't reinvent the wheel. Work with what @bertabcd1234 has already started on.

Unfortunately that code is not working for me, and my Aurora is not sending any output to the logs, regardless of device driver.

1 Like

LOL, that's where the WORK comes in!

Well normally I would see trash in the logs. I just re-paired the Aurora and it came up to the correct driver immediately -- and I am seeing output in the logs now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.