Hue colorMode issues

I have 2 issues with setting Hue lights and colorMode.

1. In RM, capturing and restoring Hue values. It appears that colorMode is not captured/restored properly. All restores are set to RGB even if the previous state was CT. The actual color restored is the previous HSL value (RGB colorMode). The device status page accurately represents the state, but the state is not what is expected.

2. Individual bulbs vs Hue groups. I use Hue groups to avoid popcorning. When setting a group color, the colorMode of individual bulbs does not update even as the color is set as expected. The state is what is expected, but the device status page does not accurately represent the state. The Hue groups work properly, setting CT or RGB as expected. This issue doesn't impact too many scenarios as the physical lights are set properly, but anything that relies on reading the colorMode could be affected.

I am using Sengled RGBW bulbs directly connected to the HE hub. I noticed/reported the exact same issue in the Hubitat Safety Monitor Application. I believe @bravenel might be looking into how to make sure that the lights are restored back to the correct Mode (CT/RGB). I am guessing the fix for HSM would also be applicable to RM?

Same code, same problem. Looking into it.

3 Likes

Thanks Bruce!

Yeah, any ETA on this. It was driving me crazy......

I believe it was fixed in v1.1.4

There was another bug discovered with capture/restore. So may or may not work depending.

1 Like