HubProtect and Migration

This category is an extension of the FAQ and is dedicated to quick questions and answers for specific topics. If you searched the community and couldn't find the answer to your question, consider posting the question in the subject line and add any pertinent details in the body. For more details on the FAQ please visit this post: FAQ - Hubitat Hello, Yesterday, I decided to purchase the c8 hub, and was planning to migrate everything from my c7 hub to the new hub. The c7 hub did not have a hubProtect subscription, and I saw that it was much easier to migrate using the cloud backup method. So I subscribed to hubProtect. Now I read that the hubProtect only covers the c7 and will not be transferred to the c8. So I am paying for a year's subscription for a device which I am in the process of removing from my home. Do I need to purchase a second subscription for my new c8/ There is something seriously wrong here.

Secondly, I finally solved the speech to text problems I was having in my home kit integration. NVDA does not read the confirmation dialog. I launched Narrator, and finally figured that all out, and checked the box not to ask me again. The Apple Homekit also says to check the boxes next to the devices you want to see in Homekit. The screen reader does not recognize the checkboxes, but the solution is simple. Just click the device link. But here is my real question.

Does the hub to hub migration preserve the Home Kit bridge, and Amazon Alexa intgration, MyQ, and Bond integrations?

Patrick

We provided free migration from C-5 and C-7 to C-8 so Hub Protect wasn't necessary.. It's a great product for your C-8 (extended warranty and cloud backup) but wasn't needed to migrate.

Yes

Yeah, I signed up for HubProtect for my C-7 10 days ago, a little bit annoyed with that decision since my C-8 is arriving today. Would be nice if the "non-transferable" had an exception for buying a new hub and retiring the old one. I understand why it's typically non-transferable given the extended warranty (if you had 3 hubs, you could buy 1 subscription and just transfer it to the one you're having problems with), but in this case, it seems odd that you can't just transfer it to the new one.

1 Like

There is, indeed. Sorry for the confusion.

You did not have to subscribe to Hub Protect in order to migrate to a C-8 hub, as the migration is free.

Hub Protect is provided as an add-on service to guard individual hubs when disaster strikes.

It enables the user to schedule cloud backups, so that if the hub that's protected dies, the user can seamlessly move to a new free hub provided by the service.

Just like an extended warranty, the Hub Protect service is not transferable unless your protected hub dies and you are sent a free replacement.

Check out this post for an alternative solution for users who have an active Hub Protect service and plan on migrating to a C-8:

2 Likes

Can I cancel my subscription which started yesterday, and get a refund? Further, since I purchased hubProtect after I placed the order for the c8, I do not even get the free shipping that comes with hubProtect.

Patrick

I curious - did your C-7 fail? And was that why you purchased a C-8?

Sure, you can cancel but the service remains active until the coverage expires, so there will be no refund. However, as previously mentioned, you could transfer the benefits to the new hub (not the subscription) until the existing service expires.

1 Like

What does that even mean? "transfer the benefirs but not the subscription." And since my c8 order has not yet shipped, cancel order ORDER #38134. The c7 is working just fine, except for a few missed actions on some devices on the other side of a concrete wall dividing my home from my garage. The wall is concrete because there is also a fireplace in that wall.

Please check the notifications in upper corner. I sent you a private message.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.