Hubitat Z-Wave Plus Certification ID

Let's not get personal here :grinning:

2 Likes

I'm not perfect.....

but I'm so damn close it scares me.

2 Likes

I just spotted a slight distortion in the screen on her phone. I was worried that the battery might have been the cause. I replaced the battery, which was the cause and saved the day until the replacement becomes available. She won't have a bad word say at least today.

2 Likes

As a point of record, I have the following and have gotten them into a fantastic state with HE and repeaters.

1. BE469 CA (2018) - Firmware: MAIN_8.0
  2. BE469 ZP CEN 716 (2019) - Firmware: 0.10.9

The older #1 was the most painful for me (but also further away from my hub), both initially had issues (and they did on Wink as well), but resetting them, high quality repeaters and patience on my mesh settling got me in a 100% reliable state.

Now my locks have been super reliable for a few months now, even the #1 old horrible firmware one I have.

The one time things reverted to being bad was when my HE lost power without a graceful shut-down. I have since put it behind a UPS.

4 Likes

I have to say that despite the occasional fall into negativity, this thread has been VERY informative for me. Learned a bit about zwave troubleshooting, Wink history, schlage history. While it may have strayed from the original intent of the post, I have thank @jeubanks for raising the topic.

All in all...good stuff.

9 Likes

Reminds me of an incident from my late teens. During a fight with my then girlfriend (about trying to keep our shanty clean), she first said I was an a-hole, then corrected herself to say I was "a perfect a-hole".

So while you my friend come close to perfection, I have been there :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Your Majestys look what I've just spotted. Four Kings:

:mask:

4 Likes

TO THE DUNGEONS WITH YOU!

Crime: Foul language

3 Likes

I'm not sure whether @bravenel, @chuck.schwer, @bobbyD, and @mike.maxwell would be a straight or 4 Aces but I am sure whatever it is it would definately beat 4 Kings.

5 Likes

Them be gods !!!!

2 Likes

I wouldn't touch a Schlage z-wave or zigbee. Might be a pretty name but my 2 Kwikset 910's have been rock solid for 3 years now !

For you Kwikset haters... bugger off.

5 Likes

I had a kwikset at my old home and loved it. It also paired and worked perfectly with HE at my new home. Unfortunately, none of the door are perfectly aligned here so there is extra friction. The motor on the kwikset wasn't strong enough and would get jammed frequently. Schlage worked perfectly.
I even tried a Yale lock (that thing was a beauty) but it too couldn't handle the extra friction. So I'm stuck with Schlage's I guess..the good news is their zigbee locks haven't missed a beat since I installed them.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ve had to do a lot of door alignment fiddling to keep my kwiksets from jamming. They really want a perfect alignment.

2 Likes

That's where a dremel comes in :smile: I altered my bolt holes and strike plate just enough to get rid of the friction.

3 Likes

Lol...that's exactly what I did on my other door but this one is a hurricane rated door made of metal and the strike plate was already grinded when I bought the place. I didn't feel comfortable grinding any further because of the proximity to the screws that held the strike plate. I don't want to compromise the integrity of the door.
$3000+ to replace that door...simply not worth it when I could buy a $100-200 lock instead.

2 Likes

Ouch !

And if the dremel doesn't work and there's still too much play in the door when it's closed, I learned from someone else about using a flathead screwdriver to angle out the little tab in the strike plate for the door handle. (Not the strike plate for the smart deadbolt. The other one.) I'm talking about the little tab that's at a right angle and sticking into the cavity in the doorjam. If you angle it out a little bit, that will force the door to close tighter.

2 Likes

51 posts were split to a new topic: Schlage Locks Still Don't Work Right (and other Z-Wave gripes)

Say it or do not ... there is no withdraw.
:rofl:

4 Likes

I should have got into the door business.....

1 Like