Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

Has anyone ever made a 3D printed case for these sensors?

I think they would be fun to experiment with, but my cats would chew them apart the second they saw them. I don't know why they like to chew PCB... Cats, go figure.

I have made some cases for mine. My cats and kids leave them alone.

Just finished reading 542 posts. No parts list. The original designer occasionally makes small batches and offers them for sale via PMs.

Thank you, I actually messaged him a week ago and he said he would ping me when he had some more ready, but I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Here is a link to the case I made.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3845465

I have some of his original sensors so there is a chance this will not fit. I do not use the sensors, so I don't care if the light sensor, temps, etc actually work. I just use this as a zigbee gateway.

1 Like

Thanks Brian! I'll take a peek this weekend.

I bought a few more routers and decided to redesign the case. I have not printed it yet, but plan to tomorrow. This one was designed in Fusion 360 so it should be much more sleek. I think the dimensions of this router is quite different from my first ones. I could be wrong.

Once I print it I will post some pictures.

7 Likes

That second picture, what's that on the right side ?

BatteryI believe that’s an optional battery back up. So the sensor can be used as a power fail sensor.

1 Like

It is a battery.

1 Like

Make sure to ping me when you get your next build done!

What build ?

Sorry somehow wrong thread

1 Like

Please pm me when you have a unit available

@iharyadi umm is it possible that my temperature sensor might have gone tits-up ??

temperature : 1210.8

It got down to 20F last night

Sounds like you might be on an older version of the driver. Firmware 2.0.5 broke a couple things but it was fixed shortly thereafter; you'd only notice with temperatures below freezing:

@iharyadi There is something very wrong with one of my sensors I bought from you. It looks like the temperature sensor fails and gives the wrong value once it goes below 32F/0C which makes it usable outside on my porch where I need it. Is this a bad sensor ?

I am not quite sure where the issue is without more information.

If I have to guess, here what would be some of my thought.

The temperature is read from BME280 sensor digitally along with humidity and pressure. The temperature is used by humidity for adjustment. If the temperature reading is bad, how is the humidity reading look like?

Assuming the humidity look fine, it may be something is wrong in the code. We should be able to put a log file in the driver code to confirm. Is it possible for you to add a log in the beginning of method private "float adjustTemp(float val)" and at the end before the method return. We would like to log the variable val. This is a starting point. I would be curious as to what the value is when it dip below 32F.

if the humidity reading look wrong, it is potentially indicate hardware issue.

I will try to reproduce the issue on my end. I would like to get to the bottom of the issue. BTW, thanks for the info.

1 Like

I just want to update the community that I will be ordering a few new boards. I have made some of improvement on the hardware side.

I have been getting questions whether I have module to share on my inbox. I do not have any modules available as we speak. I apologize that I have not been able to get to answer them. Between working on the new board and my day job, I have very been very busy.

In term of ETA, I should be getting the board sometime in thanksgiving. Some of the components will be arriving at the same time. I will have free time during the year end break when I can build them. If everything goes as plan, I will have some module to share at this time.

FYI, I am doing this as a hobby. I wish that I can manufacture the module in the future once the design is set. Until then, the number of module that I can build will be small. It also would be available sparsely. I am really sorry about this for those who are expecting the modules at this time. I will keep everyone updated with my progress here.

Thanks
Iman

3 Likes

If anyone is curious about getting this sensor working on other platforms, I added this to HomeAssistant with the default zigbee implementation and everything except the battery readout works perfectly!

2 Likes