Hubitat with Homemade Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensor

I would have thought that. But then why does the spec go into so much detail?

Zigbee Cluster Libarary (aka ZCL) is not a library in the sense of library in c++ code.. I was confused as well when I looked into the document when I started learning about it.

ZCL is just specification. If you want to be compliant to do Illuminance Measurement, you have to send the value as in 4.2.2.2.1 MeasuredValue Attribute. ZCL is more like an RFC. It will tell you a bit in regard to their reasoning. "Where 1 lx <= Illuminance <=3.576 Mlx, corresponding to a MeasuredValue in the range 1 to 0xfffe".

@mike.maxwell any update on this driver?

thank you.

I'll try to get it cleaned up tomorrow

and released? :slight_smile:

yup:

5 Likes

@mike.maxwell, thank you so much.

1 Like

I just want to update my progress with this project. Having shared a few modules with community members here I started to get feedbacks. The most intriguing feedback is about being able to extend or expand the sensor.

In the past few weeks, I went back to drawing board and look for solution to accommodate the above. Here is what I come up with.

On the hardware side, the new board will expose analog, digital input and output pin. Access to 5 volt and 3.3 volt are also available.

On the firmware side, those pins are abstract out as Zigbee Basic Analog Input, Binary Input/ Output cluster. These clusters are accessible through Hubitat DH.

In layman terms, we will be able to access information from the sensors connected to the pin without needing to understand the lower level complexity of Zigbee protocol and Firmware development. Our DH will be getting one or zero from your digital sensor. Or, DH will be able to read your sensor Analog output in volt. Your DH can drive a thing using its digital output pin.

I have an example in the following video where I connect a moisture sensor, flame sensor and a relay.

I am very excited about this feature. I will have a few to share once I sort out and test them on my end. I will also share my experience connecting them with other sensors. I have motion sensor, Gas leak sensor , sound sensor in the queue.

Finally, this is still a Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light Sensor. It is still a Zigbee repeater to help with your Zigbee network. It is also help with your Xiaomi devices.

5 Likes

this is really looking cooler and cooler.

couple of questions:

1. is it possible to add the sound sensor onboard? just having temperature, humidity, pressure, light and sound all onboard would be enormously helpful is this all-in-one compact unit.
  2. once you add motion sensor support do you plan to also add case / mounting etc? without that placing these to capture motion will be a bit trickier - no?

thank you.

1 Like

What type of relay are you using?

@iharyadi

This is fantastic news. You are making great progress on this.

1 Like

I will be making examples with, Yes, sound and motion sensor. They are in my queue to do.

The environment sensor eventually may have cover. However, I will have to design it. It complicates with temperature measurement.

The concept of expandable sensor is that fellow community members will be able to add your own sensor without worry about writing any firmware. Sound sensor will fall into this. For example, you can get

https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1663.html

It will connect to analog input. You can write your own DH to convert the volt value to db or use the volt value as is. You do not have to deal with the complexity of doing ADC optimally in the firmware.

I am hoping to make this feature so that fellow member here will be able to use sensor of their choosing.

3 Likes

I bought cheap one from ebay. To be honest, It is an example. I just happen to have one at hand.

My need is actually to retrofit my garage door remote and use the Environment sensor to simulate button press. My chamberline integration is getting unreliable lately.

Thank you.

Awesome! Hey, forget the background music, let us hear your voice narrating what’s happening on the video :wink:

1 Like

Is this possible with the version of the sensor you sent me or does it require a newer board than the one I have?

I am sorry. There are 2 parts of the solution. The firmware need to be updated on your board. It is not possible to be done remotely.

1 Like

No problem.

Nice! Keep us posted please.

that one seems a bit pricey. will this also work?

thank you.

1 Like