Hubitat web is VERY slow. It defeats the benefit of local processing

Not me either.. Less than 2 seconds needed to display a dashboard screen, from a dashboard button.

@ky35tqzzy5ou I'm right there with you. I think the hardware needs more resources in all honesty. Although I agree it may be custom code I used ST for about two years and even though that is cloud based it was much quicker then Hubitat once the hub slows down. I must of had over 100 customs apps and drivers installed and other than cloud latency I never seen it slow down like the hubitat hub. I finally configured my hub to reboot every 3 days that has relieved a lot of my pain but I still see latency in it processing my rules etc. I think the next version of the hub should have a pro version with more horsepower behind the wheel. Follow the apple intuitive make a cheap version for everyday users and a pro version for people who like to tinker and push the limits of the device. I have disabled a lot of custom apps and drivers and still see latency from time to time. I would certainly be willing to pay extra for a pro version. That being said I do like Hubitat better than ST no doubt just hope they notice they are under powered in my opinion.

1 Like

Sorry for the troubles. That must be painful and it is not normal. Are you using Netgear or Asus networking gear, by any chance? Has this been your experience from the beginning or it just started to happen? If this started recently, do you see any errors in your Logs (past logs).

Mine is responsive and fast. It is way better than WINK ever was. I have very little lag time.
Granted my rules are simple.
Never the less, it is a good system.

1 Like

It's my experience that if things are that slow you have a problem, rather than there being anything inherently wrong with the Hub itself. I have a reasonably large system and some quite complex rules and my dashboard pages are very snappy.

2 Likes

I mentioned on another thread that I have the same issue and do have an Asus router (though I have other networking gear too like Google WiFi and a few switches). Is there somethign I should be doing? I have an RT-AC87R router

Sorry about that. I sent you a PM with more details.

We applied the fix to my hub and it's showing a dramatic improvement.

Device list - was taking 32 seconds, now takes 7 (143 devices)
Logs - was take 20 seconds, now 2
Apps list - 20 seconds, now 2
Etc.

Big improvement for me. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @bobbyD.. I have been experiencing very slow web loads also. I use Chrome, have eliminated most device logging, don't have any errors in my logs and my router is an Asus GT-AC5300.
Strangely, some days the hub pages load just fine but most days are quite painfully slow. I've tried to see what is different between the fast loading days and the slow but I don't see anything in the logs.

Bobby, you had applied the fix to my C5 hub, which was never slow. It's my c4 hub that is really slow. Is there anything for the C4 hub to help with speed? I have a netgear R7000 router running asus merlin firmware. My logs are clean, no errors

My dashboards take 6-8 seconds to load on my lan side.

@bobbyD are you able to give some technical detail on the issue? I have asus and netgear kit, I’ve always felt the dashboard load times are slow, not unbearable but not particular fast load times.

Sure, the problem is the auto-negotiation, which doesn't properly determine the optimal duplex mode and speed for the connection with the C-5s Ethernet port.

3 Likes

That is indicative of a different problem that requires further investigation on your particular hub. It is certainly not common. Is your web interface sluggish overall? Do you have tiles for custom code drivers, such as Chromecast or Echo Speaks, for example? Do you see any errors in Logs (past Logs), or in the Debug View of your Dashboard? Have you tried disabling custom code to see if things improve? Do you have devices that are unresponsive? Have you tried to build another dashboard using virtual devices? There are many ways to troubleshoot when things don't work as they should. I see you have logged two tickets recently, that we didn't get a chance to look into, yet. So let's see what comes out of those (if they are related to your C-4 hub) and if resolving those problems will improve your dashboard responsiveness.

So no impact to original hub owners ? Just the newer C5?

Same

Correct, only C-5.

3 Likes

@bobbyD Not sure if this applies to Netgear 7900P, but if it does, I would love to have it patched. I deleted all of my dashboards, and most scenes with my Hue bridge involved which has stopped my daily routine of rebooting the hub. I have been afraid to add more than a few items back to the dashboard, but it would be nice to be able to use it without killing my response times.

Sure, we'd be more than happy to take a look. Could you please send us an email to support@hubitat.com?

Will do. Thanks!

1 Like