Hubitat vs Node-RED response time

Yes, and that sucks. I'm not trying to downplay those issues. I'm just saying that the results of this specific benchmark shouldn't be interpreted as there's something "bad" or inefficient going on in Hubitat. But it also doesn't say that there isn't.

1 Like

How do you run node red if not in docker and what hardware?

The box is a Dell Precision T3600, quad core, hyperthreaded, 8GB RAM. I run Arch Linux on all my systems and, in addition to the officially supported package repositories, there is one that is user supported/maintained and that's where NR came from for my case. I believe you can install nativly on most machines but check here for your specifics Running Node-RED locally : Node-RED

1 Like

Correct, I've run it natively on an Intel NUC with Ubuntu, an Odroid XU4 with Ubuntu and an Odroid N2 with Armbian.

2 Likes

I'm new to Hubitat, moving off ST as we speak. I'm not a programmer but am considered fairly technical. While I am going through this migration I am looking at how best to architect the hardware and software for the future so I can minimize the pain of upgrades and potential future migrations. This thread has been an excellent read. Last month i made the jump with two C7's to divide the workload (and having played with Hubconnect am my ST hub) I will keep the ST for devices it is good with (Arlo, Nexx Garage). I am now thinking through how to implement a good local backup which leads me to a device thats on all the time (thinking RPI). and if I have the RPi perhaps I should be looking at node red as well, Which would further separate the workload to devices that are optimized for their task. I have about 150 devices Wifi, Zigbee, Zwave and getting into bluetooth that will be on the hubs.
This is a long way to get to my question. Is this creating a brittle solution that is a maintenance nightmare? Am I over engineering?

More moving parts always = more administration/maintenance long term. That's a simple fact.

HOW MUCH more depends on the system, and the skills of the admin. No one can really answer that for you.

got scolded :frowning:

1 Like

Please start a new topic as your question is not related to this one. Thanks.

Understood, Thought it was germain based on your July 5 comment. Please consider it a newbee mistake.

:+1: