Hubitat upgrade fails on C7

Hi team, I’ve been noticing, on my main C7, that if my hub has less than 300k of ram free upgrades will A/ download very very slowly and B/ eventually fail.

The solution is to reboot the hub and then the update works perfectly. I’ve been noticing this fairly consistently since ~2.1.x.

I’m not sure what the underlying cause is, but I’m happy to provide more info or hub access if you’d like it.

@support @bobbyD @bcopeland

Yes, please PM me the hub id.

1 Like

Pm sent, :+1:

High all, working with @gopher.ny we found the issue, My primary hub was set to "Fixed 100mbps" in the Network Settings - changing it to Auto-negotiate immediately resolved the issue without needing a reboot.

I checked my 2nd hub, and it was set to Auto-Negotiate already - so it looks like there is an issue with setting C7's to Fixed 100mbps. I'm not sure why my Primary C7 was set to fixed as I don't recall changing it (I may have tho).

4 Likes

Mine has been set to fixed 100 for well over a year, has never had a problem. :man_shrugging:

It only happens if the hub has been running for multiple days and free ram is under 300k. It's also possible my GigE switch doesn't like the c7 trying to force 100mbps and prefers auto-negotiation.

I've encountered this in the past.

1 Like

Same, I didn’t even realise my primary c7 was configured this way.

1 Like

changed my c5 to auto-negotiate and I was able to update from .131 to .136 in 12 seconds (used to take 4-5 minutes).

Odd thing is when I try to go to my network settings in my C4 I get the following :

That is by design.

The C-5/7 have a hardware reset switch if network settings are messed up. The C-4 doesn’t have that. Therefore changing network settings incorrectly can inadvertently lock a person out of their hub.

1 Like

:ok_hand:

1 Like