Hubitat local web page informs that an update is avaliable. I initiate an update. It will upload, then it gets to around 28-34% and stalls while uploading. The percentage uploaded varies with each attempt. Multiple Hubitat restarts do not remedy. I have made a dozen attempts over the past couple of days. This is a Hubitat C5. It took my Hubitat C7 several attempts but rebooting the C7 remedied it, and the C7 was able to update. The C5 is attempting to update from x.x.143 to x.x.145 (I can only remember the last 3 digits).
Is there another way to update a Hubitat C5?
Tagging @bobbyD from Hubitat support.
There isn't another way to update the hub. Usually, if the download doesn't complete, it means that there are problems with the internet connection/speed. Mind me asking what Internet Service Provider do you have and what are the expected speeds? I have seen this kind of troubles with customers using mobile services.
Sparklight (formerly CableOne) is my ISP. Strangely though, I was able to update the Hubitat C5 using an iPad versus a Samsung Galaxy. When it comes it IT, truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.
or perseverance pays off, despite the bad reputation that doing the same thing over and over is .... bad Glad you were able to update.
I believe that the Information Technology does NOT play by the rules of rge Universe. In fact. It makes up its own rules on the fly .
FWIW... Our ISP for unlimited data (in rural Maine, US) is often flaky, and when I tried to use them to download .145, it kept hanging on any of my three hubs. I switched over to the "expensive" (but reliable and generally faster) metered and limited ISP we use for emergency backup and it worked perfectly. So, you may be having the same issue. If you have a better route available, that might do the trick.