Hubitat on dedicated VLAN

Same.
Main, IoT, Guest

I put it on the main just for convenience and because I wanted to dig in. I have had two nights with minimal sleep to play with the devices, and then today I received my 3rd bulb and had to do some device sorting which led me to find the other two decided on a generic driver as opposed to the one meant for the device. Now all my rules are working flawlessly and I feel like a super nerd again.

Thanks for all the feedback. Love this community.

2 Likes

If I have all IoT on a separate vlan including my HE hub. Will I have an issue with the iPhone app locating the hub? Or will I always be using cloud hub?

Could always use a browser, as long as the network the iPhone is on has a route to the IoT network. You can test by trying to browse to a different IoT devices local IP if it has a web portal, and or just try PINGing it's IP.

I am pulling out my hair. I recently bought an Orbi Pro WiFi 6 router and two satellites for my home. I have my HE wired to an unmanaged switch. On the same switch are my wired AV stuff including Tablo, Roku Ultra, Yamaha home entertainment system, and Tivo.

The Orbi Pro has three pre-built SSIDs and VLANs for default, "employees", IoT, and guests. Each SSID has an associated VLAN profile that allows for trunk/access, client and/or network isolation.

I have my Wemo Smart Switches. Dimmers, and Plugs along with Harmony Hub and Google Mini Speakers on the IoT SSID with IoT VLAN profile.

I have HE on port 3 (LAN 3) with IoT VLAN profile.

IoT VLAN profile includes network and client isolation turned on. I have tried it with both client isolation turned on or off. No change.

Issue:

1. Wemo products fail to recover when network is lost and recovered. I have to go around and factory reset each and everyone to get it working again.
  2. I cannot reach HE at all from my phone or laptop which are connected to the SSID IoT network (or any other SSID for that matter).
  3. I cannot reach Roku devices via the Android app either.

The only way I get access to HE was to change the VLAN profile to "default" which has no client or network isolation with trunk.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I am doing wrong?

This is driving me crazy.

YapFlapper