Hubitat Mobile App Released

Okies ty Patrick
I was just seeing what was the issue with the iOS app, as the Geofence keeps turning itself off :wink:

Thank you.

@patrick

Anything on the horizon for Android and more specifically the Pixel line which seems to be heavily plagued?

Rick

The next update to Android will be rolling out shortly as well.

Thanks Patrick

Looking forward to the release and the release notes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

@patrick -
***** 5 STARS given! An excellent app for an excellent platform. This app has performed perfectly for me from day 1. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

The geofence area diameter will automatically increase. Every time I open the app I notice that the diameter is a bit bigger than what last time was until it reaches the max possible size. How to fix it?

Aldo, I am not seeing that after opening the app several times.

What Device and OS

Rick

Samsung S8 with Android. I have reported this problem by sendig email to Hubitat support team and they mentioned it was a known issue but as a new version if the app just was released I was expecting to see this fixed but no, is still happening the same. Today's morning I set the diameter to 1/4 of the possible max size and now after 6 hours was automatically adjusted to almost 1/2 of the possible max size

Have you tried logging out, clearing the device data and starting clean. Potentially removing the app and reinstalling.

This is not something we can produce, but we do not have that specific model of phone, but if you could provide the OS level, we can test against that android version to see if its something specific to that.

I have logged out and logged in, actually the app every 4 - 5 days ask me again to enter my credentials which is another issue that I have reported as is annoying to be entering again and again my info, I would like just to be always signed in.

My Android version is 9, patch level Apr 1, 2019, there is a lot of other information such as kernel version, build number, knox version, not sure what if this data is needed, let me know I can share.

The incident I reported through email was assigned to #13314 in case you want to take a look, as Bobby mentioned it was a known issue being reviewed and worked by the engineers

We are aware of reports of a small number of users that are getting logged out of the app. We are researching the cause and have not yet identified the source nor the conditions in which this occurs. However, we have some ideas on how to address this issue but they are not implemented yet.

As for the increasing size of the geofence, this is the first time I have heard of this issue and we will try to reproduce your issue, but as of now, we are unable to.

I would highly suggest you do the following. Clear the cache and app data for Hubitat. Then uninstall the app. Reboot your phone, then reinstall the app clean and see if the problem still presents itself.

Once you have done that, please PM me a screenshot of the settings -> debug information after several open / closes where the geofence increases after opening the app.

With your continued help, we may be able to identify a cause and work towards a solution.

2 Likes

@patrick
I've downloaded the latest mobile app (android) and was wondering if the issue of the geofence increasing in size randomly is on your radar.
Also will the notifications that we receive ever be able to be looked at/deleted within the app.
Thanks.

will this be in the computer or in the phone? could you provide steps on how to do it ? in the phone I tried but did not find where to do it

On your phone, hit Settings 》》 Apps 》》 Hubitat 》》 Storage.

We have been able to reproduce the increasing geofence issue. For now it appear it only occurs if you set it to the absolute minimum. But given that it only happens due to yet unknown reasons while the app is in the background we are still investigating the cause and then we can find a solution.

This is a planned feature down the road. You can access all the device notifications in dashboard event history in settings advanced or via adding a tile for the mobile app device and viewing them there as well.

1 Like

ok I have done the steps and will confirm if it fixes the problem

but now the history only show few logs right? is it configurable to set it to show more logs in the history ?

It is a fixed amount of events. There is no option to configure it at this time.