Hubitat Mobile App Released

@ogiewon When you send a geo event does that show up in the device events?

It doesn't seem to but if you think about it it wouldn't. As nothing leaves the phone apart from in or out of the circle, therefore the only log you would see is the presence device changing from present to not present depending on if it needs to.

1 Like

@BorrisTheCat I understand. Thanks. I will see if it all works when she leaves again.

You can also simply move the geofence Pin temporarily to force the app to send a ā€œnot presentā€ event and then move it back to your house to send a ā€œpresentā€ event.

You should see her phone in your hubā€™s list of devices. If you view that deviceā€™s details on your hub, you will see the ā€œpresenceā€ and ā€œnotificationā€ events if you click on ā€œEventsā€, IIRC.

You can also send a test push notification to her phone as well on that deviceā€™s details page.

@ogiewon Thanks, I will give those a try. Moving the fence is a neat trick.

As we work on fixing a few bugs (thanks to all that have helped in reporting, tracking down and reproducing many of them)... Here are a few tricks that some are using to fix certain issues getting started.

First, known issue, it is best to not name / change the label of your Mobile App Device for now. If you do, do not use anything but alpha numeric for now, otherwise your device list might not populate and duplicate devices will most likely be generated.

Second, if you aren't getting geofence events, a couple things can be done, move the pin in and out of the current location or go into settings and click send geo event.

Third, can't hurt to go into settings "select hub" and pick your hub and then your current device. Some users have reported that this fixed their issues.

Fourth, after initial install, toggling on/off wifi might be enough to create a geo event, similar to #2...

Fifth, username / email is case sensitive as is password. Make sure you have your email exactly the same as when you registered. Can check what account on hub ip/hub/register for what account(s) are linked / registered to that hub.

4 Likes

@patrick 5 stars BTW, thanks for all the info, it helps a lot.

1 Like

Hi patrick
. Can I download the app for android from other link apart from Google Play?

Official distribution is via Google Play Store we do not provide any ability to download the app other than via Google Play Store.

@patrick Have the app set up with both our phones as per the instructions. Device page for wife shows present but she has left and is way beyond the geofence I set up on her phone.
Device event page does not show anything either.

You can try a few of the tricks I outlined above and see if they help jump start the geo event info Hubitat Mobile App Released

Have you seen it where the app under the iPhone turns off or at least shows in the app that "Enable Geofence" is off?

I've seen this a hand full of times now. I keep turning it back on.

@patrick Thanks, will do when she gets back.

@razorwing, when you did this, did you logon using your own email to set up your wife's presence device, or did you use hers?

@mluck I logged in with mine. Then added her as a user.

And where did you add her? I see where you can add users to ā€œhub loginā€, but I donā€™t want my wife and kids accessing the hub as admin, but as guests. Assume the same for you. Iā€™ve scoured how to add a guest user, but Iā€™m stumped.

Yesterday I had everything working great on both my phone and my wifes. Today not so much. My wifes phone did not report being inside the GeoFence until I opened the app. Mine nor my wifes no longer receive notifications including if I try to send from the device in my Hubitat. I do really like the idea of having presence, notifications and the dashboard all in one app but I am likely going to uninstall and just go back to having the dashboard link on my screen for now. Once this matures some and gets most of the bugs worked out, I may try again. Right now, it's just not reliable enough for me where my other solutions for presence and notifications are.

Interesting ... I'm running (1) this; (2) wifi-based presence; and (3) Life360, all in parallel. I'm just planning to watch over the next week or so....to see where the false-positives and false-negatives are, and what kind of delays occur. We'll see.....

Surprising how immature the Hubitat mobile app is, given how long it was in development.

Not really, there's so many different phone models and vendors out there and versions of iOS and Android. I can't imagine it's easy to develop a perfect app when you have a lot of phones that are 5 to 6 years still in use and you have to support the newest phones/operating systems. Life360 works really good for me but give it time and I'm sure it'll mature.

1 Like

@mluck Sorry for the delay. After you log in you should see a page that says it found existing mobile app devices in which your phone should be listed. At the bottom there is a black box that reads :ADD NEW DEVICE". That is where you add her.

1 Like