Hubitat Mobile App Released

With the introduction of the new mobile app and the way it presents the list of dashboards to choose it would be nice if the cloud dashboards list only listed those dashboards with cloud link enabled, same for local, also it would be really nice if we could choose to hide certain dashboards so they are only accessible via dashboard links or local/clound URLs.

Just installed and testing. Thank you for the hard work on this.

So far today, Iā€™m receiving notifications and geolocation appears to be working.

Yeah, everything is working for me to. For some reason I didn't get notifications until my phone checked in last night when I got home. But now notifications are working when I am remote also. Props to the HE team app seems solid!

My Motorola Z2 force, randomly turns it's location setting off about every 2-4 days, and with Life360 I would repeatedly get the message that Location was off, need to turn on.

Of course it's too early to tell if this app keeps it on or not.

I'm unable to see a setting in the Android settings that fixes this.......anyone have the answer?

So i mentioned this in another post, but now that the app is out, I'd like to mention it again.

Can the Dashboards have an option to be restricted to only being viewed in the app? Since the app has a requirement to log in, having a dashboard that can only be access via the app, that would remove the need to have a pin or password on the dashboard itself. That would remove the annoyance of having to enter the pin every time of launching the dashboard and would add a layer of security to the dashboard.

Your hub or something in between didn't respond. Try again later and verify your hub is online and cloud connected.

It says click to switch to local, when it says "Cloud Dashboards" that is the cloud dashboards. tapping or clicking that area will switch to local dashboards but those will only work if you are on your local network.

No they are not separate buttons, the dashboard menu is the same regardless of platform.

If the cloud dashboards will not load, there is a communication issue with your hub and the internet. Make sure the hub is online.

The back button is not used to navigate dashboards. You can click on the dashboard button bottom left and that will bring you back to the main dashboard menu

Not at this time. You can only be logged into one account and pick one hub at a time. We have plans to improve this later on.

There are no restrictions preventing any EU state access to the app, It would help if you specified Android or iOS to help track down the issue. However, wait a few days for either Apple or Google to fully propagate the app.

iOS aggressively caches the webview of dashboard. We are looking at ways we can invalidate this cache, but it's not ideal right now. It has nothing to do with location services, that is only used for geofencing.

You can use the same account, it will generate 2 separate devices unless you choose to take over the original device.

This just means that the request that was sent was when the token was expired, it should have recovered properly and things should continue.

Not sure what you mean by rule didn't run. Maybe you meant to say that your geofence location didn't update?

Appreciate the request, but not at this time.

Ok. So I know everyone's excited about the mobile app. Here's a few quick requests to help us out. Please provide the following information when posting an issue or requesting support:

-Phone make and model, ex iPhone Xr
-Phone OS version, ex 12.3
-App Version, ex. 1.25 build 42
-Region or area you are in, ex, US

Also, please provide any screenshots, videos, specific steps you take and if the issue you are having is repeatable.

Without this information, we can not provide a proper response.

10 Likes

By the way, a big thank you to Hubitat for releasing the app and also to Patrick who seems to be doing a great job answering questions and spending every waking minute helping everyone out.

6 Likes

Hi can someone send me the apk for Android to aldoa@lussier.ca?
In the Google Store is saying "is not available in your country" and I can't downoad it using mirrors ... In Hubitat.com there not a link to download either.

My mistake. I thought I had seen them separated somewhere. Apologies to @TranDzung for that unintentional piece of misinformation.

2 Likes

@patrick I have a rule that simply has a spoken sentence when we leave or return home and it didn't fire probably because of the token error. Unless I am not understanding. The phone now acts as a presence sensor and when it gets out/in range of the wifi HE knows by getting something from the app.??

Presence has nothing to do with wifi, has to do with the location services on the phone / device. If the location didn't change great enough to cross the outside of the circle on the map, it will not send a location event.

@patrick I put the app on her phone and it was working when she left but there was no speech when she exited the zone. I have the zone as small as you can get it.

I am going to change the rule to see if I have it wrong or something.

Or just look at the event log to see if a presence event happened.

You can also have her open the app and send a geo event and see if that changes the device state to not present.

Don't worry about the rule for now, work at the device level to make sure it is working first.

@patrick She sent the geo event and it now shows in the device page as not present. Before the geo event it showed her as still present though.

I just got home from work, and the presence for the device didn't update until I manually opened the app. I guess that is because Android did put it in "deep sleep", so it didn't notice that I passed the geofence border.

I removed the app from battery optimization now, and will see if that helps. Pixel 2 XL with Android 9.

Some Android devices will suspend background activities. We have no control over this. If you can disable battery optimization, that should help.

2 Likes

I just wanted to state publicly how pleased I am (at this early stage) with the mobile app.
I really haven't used Hubitat's Dashboards in the past, but I sure will now! I have already done a few tests, and I have found that with a OpenVPN connection to my local router, local dashboards have great response (over my crappy cell phone service!)
Also, I am pleased to get rid of Pushover and Life360. It's not that these weren't good products, but having everything under "one roof" makes the Hubitat product a much easier sell.
Good work!!!

5 Likes

I have no plans to get rid of life 360 - I like the notifications when my kids arrive and leave school - but more options are good. Thanks!

1 Like

Agreed, and you can and SHOULD for any app that you want to reliably determine your location in a timely fashion. (this is Android)

1 Like