Hubitat Mobile App Released

We have plans to allow a smaller geofence in iOS to be consistent with Android. For the initial release we were told we could only use this minimum, however, we hope to shrink it later as an option but not the default.

3 Likes

OK everything seems to be working now.

Can we trust the HE app and notifications to be as fast and reliable as Pushover long term? Considering that Pushover was paid for, since this app didn't exist, is there a reason to use the HE app over it for notifications?

Call it the early warning notification... Feature request noted, highly prioritized.

8 Likes

haha thanks!

@patrick, is there a way to see the old messages? Some are saying there is a Settings > Notifications List, but on my Android Pixel 2 XL, I am not seeing it.

I get the message in the notification bar, but when I open it, the app opens and the message disappears....No way to find it (at least I have not found it).

Scott

I've been using our mobile app for the last several months and besides my own breaking things, I never missed a push notification.

Android will eventually get a notifications list, but you can see them in dashboard by adding your mobile app device to a dashboard and viewing the history.

2 Likes

And you need another larger one so you know if your girlfriend is on the way while wife is home... chuckle

2 Likes

@jkudave And I've been beta testing for a month. Same results. Never missed a beat.

Thanks. Just making sure, since Pushover was paid for. I created a new rule to test the HE app notifications for comparison. I'll likely move everything to the app if all goes well for a few days.

I logged into the portal and migrated my account...I get a temporary password in my email.
I login to the app with my email addy and the temporary password....

Next I get "Please wait...fetching users data..." with a spinning wheel...been fetching for minutes now...almost 10 to be exact...logged off...restarted phone (Android) and still same problem...just sits there and spins fetching users data...

You need to complete the migration process on portal. The last step is setting a new password. The temporary password will not work in the app.

1 Like

Duh! Thanks...another ID10T error by me!

The migration portal doesnt let safari save the auto-created strong password correctly in the keychain. Also on forgot password.

On the geofence page - my location is accurate but my hub location is not. I can't seem to move the pin for the hub location.

What am I doing wrong?

Trying to add the app on my iPad for notifications and dashboard use it got stuck on Loading Mobile Devices even though it found my mobile right away. I had to eventually force close the app and re-open it to get past that.

Also is there a way to choose the default dashboard to display per device and have it switch to cloud only if the local dashboard isn't available?

Thanks

Tap and hold the pin. Also it helps to know what platform, iOS or Android. As the process is a bit different. But essentially you will "pick up" the pin and drag it to where you want it to be.

This has been requested and noted, but not at the moment. We are also looking at an auto switching capability of dashboard down the road.

6 Likes

iOS. I can't seem to pick up the pin. However, I just realized I can move the location by dragging the hub via the normal non app settings page for the hub. So I'm good. Thanks!

update - I can grab the pin now. it must have just been pushed in really hard. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I agree with this. Need to be able to see the whole notification