Hubitat Mobile App Released

Agreed. 1st thing I did after installing the app. Same as I did with life 360.

1 Like

yes this will need to be done on android 9

1 Like

It's live in PL now. How about NL?

This is a good start for the mobile app. Would I be able to set different locations, such as work, and have the presence detect entering and leaving that location?

not sure :thinking: mine is the same i still don't the the option page.

Very nice of you and others to pause and give praise to the Hubitat team for all the hard work and careful testing required to get the app simultaneously released on iOS and Android at once. That is no small feat, and I join you in that sentiment. Well said.

How disheartening it must feel, at least on some level, whether your attitude is professional or not, to have people immediately tell you with little to no social grace that your app needs this and needs that. I'm not talking about the people that phrased it as future feature request, that's perfectly reasonable.

Yes, of course it doesn't have everything that everyone wants, and probably never will. And of course the team wants our feedback to make improvements, but for goodness sake, take a tip from @jtmpush18 and treat them like people that have worked hard, not like machines to do your bidding.

15 Likes

How about logging in while connected to a VPN service. There are several free options out there. Wouldn't that protect you from packet sniffing?

1 Like

Agree 100%! It is no small feat to build a hardware product like Hubitat that supports so many products, with such a robust feature set, and add native app development on top of it with a relatively small team. Then you throw in the Hubitat Live calls, and all of the direct communication we receive on a regular basis via the message board. The efforts of the Hubitat team is absolutely nothing short of remarkable! Kudos to all of them.

5 Likes

@patrick

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but when using the cloud dashboard on Android (Pixel 3XL) the icon for the current conditions in the weather tile doesn't load. It works fine with a local dashboard on the app, as well as from the cloud using chrome on my phone or from chrome on PC.

Seems to be specific to the cloud dashboard in the app

I just discovered Hubitat yesterday while researching z wave hubs. Heard about the great community; saw there was a discount; and saw that the mobile app was released the same day. All of that convinced me to purchase the device and it is on the way already :open_mouth:

This thread makes me feel extremely confident in that decision. Congrats the the team on an amazing product and an app well done. And @patrick for the killer thread presence! I seriously can't wait to try this all out :grin:

8 Likes

Its welcome to see the way the presence was implemented, much more privacy and security focused then most apps that actually use location tracking.

Welcome to the Hubitat Community Courtney and congratulations on your purchase!

I do hope that once you get your owner badge, that either you or @cwwilson08 add a photo, because I'm going to get confused with the post notifications now! :wink:

04%20PM

Lol there are some @chuck.schwer orange c'S out there that throws me off.

2 Likes

That's just people wanting to imitate @chuck.schwer isn't it? :wink:

1 Like

I messed up.

The process wasn't friendly for phone. It opened in my Gmail app but hitting the back button to get the codes... It messed it all up. I wish I opened the process in chrome and had Gmail open separately.

This is something we are looking at adding down the road. Gotta start somewhere.

This is not exactly true, the traffic is SSL encrypted, they would know the URL but not the GET vars / token as that is encrypted.

Yes, this will be a problem for Android users as Android blocks mixed content and cloud dashboards are SSL links. So the images need to be hosted on an SSL link (https) with a properly signed cert. Since those images come from a 3rd party, we can't control it.

Welcome and Thanks! Tell your friends :slight_smile: And a nice review never hurts...

We are quite proud of how we have chosen to implement presence on the mobile device. No location data ever leaves the phone. Just a simple entry or exit event. We don't know where that location is, how big the circle is, etc.

6 Likes

THANK YOU for the app! Hopefully this starts to steamroll things on the user end.

I do have one REQUEST though.

Would be great if in the "settings" I could set a default dashboard to load when the app is opened. I have a "phone" dashboard thats all put together for my phone, and as of right now I use a webapp. would be great if it defaulted to this dashboard when i opened the new hubitat app!

As Patrick mentioned, this is not true. Here is a decent explanation of how https works.

1 Like

This has been asked for several times as well. It's something we are considering for future updates. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, I figured. Im not gonna go through every message to see. sorry! :slight_smile: