Hubitat mentioned in cnet article

Here's the link:

I am finally one of the cool kids. Thanks Hubitat for making that possible. :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

For once, CNET wrote so little that they barely made any errors when mentioning something about Hubitat! :laughing:

I'm still concerned that this wording might be misleading:

the Hubitat hub will process all the automation and voice control (with Alexa and Google Assistant) locally, rather than on the cloud

The actions are indeed processed on the hub, and unlike (for example) SmartThings, there's no cloud cache that the Alexa or GA integration works with directly, but both of these still require access to Hubitat's cloud endpoint...except, I think, the "classic" Echo App that might work locally (but still needs cloud access on the Amazon side for voice processing).

And then they had to link to the article they wrote when the app was released ("finally, you can do remote control!" ...which you'd long been able to do with Dashboard and in fact would still have to set up to do this), but I digress.

2 Likes

Well they got the price wrong in the article :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That's flucuated so much there probably at least was a time when that was true. :rofl:

1 Like

Very exciting, but Hubitat must be disappointed they are out of stock nearly everywhere. I know it's a perfect storm and all, but bring on the C7 stock for new sales.