Hubitat keeps crashing

Hi All, can someone help me, find the reason why my hub keeps crashing, I contacted Hubitat customer services and they think its an installed Driver or App, here installed Apps and Drivers.

I looked in System Events and 24/7/21 was wiped, so no help there, any help so very much appreciated. Mark

More likely the answer will be in your logs (past), any errors or messages there? Next, what do your runtime stats look like - anything look like a run away from a usage standpoint?

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your reply, other than the System Events, I really don't know what I'm looking for, and how to access/understand some of the things you say sorry, I'm quite new to this part of Hubitat. I did think it was webcore causing the problem so moved to Rule Machine, and to be honest was a good move, but then it happened again the dreaded crash.

for the moment, remove gcal. Also look at your z-wave details page to see if you have any ghosts. If any remove. If all that is clear and it's still crashing, go to yourhubip:8081 and download your latest backup to your PC. Then do a soft reset, then restore from the one that you saved to your PC. This will ensure a clean database.

Now, if you look at your logs from the settings menu. (click past logs) Look for any lines with an error or warning and post them. We can help you from there.

From an apps perspective, I have 3 of the 4 apps that @mark21 has and my C-5 has been fine. I don't have the Broadlink app so maybe start there? Also, it's BETA so :man_shrugging:t4:

Have this:
dev:10702021-07-25 12:20:08.340 warn--- WARNING: Device handler expects devices to have firmware 1.10 or later

Which seam to be my aeotec multi sensors, all 6 seam to be generating this message now and again

You might want to update the firmware in those sensors. I would also remove the broadlink app as well. What firmware is your hub on?

Which driver are you using? I have the same device using the driver by @csteele and don't see this (I am on FW 2.2.7.126, C-5)

Right but that doesn't mean one of them isn't corrupt in some way. Always work backwards to find death point.

2.2.8.141 Rev C-5

Past log doesn't go far enough back, think i will have to wait for next crash, but keep looking.

You may also want to check your runtime stats (see the post from @thebearmay). It will show if devices are over-using your resources.

Hi All, here my run stats, the SPlugs are aeotec plugs, and i don't know how to stop these working over board,

settings I'm using

Could you repost that first screenshot selecting additional options, especially “total time hub spring processing driver code”?