Hubitat is under powered

Also, in addition, if those devices are zwave, run a zwave repair after adding them.
If zigbee, wait until they show up in the following site:
http://ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

1 Like

I have to believe that your problems are due to the limited number of devices. I donā€™t have any of the Zen switches, so I canā€™t comment on their speed and router capabilities, but I have seen big differences in the speed of automations depending on which of my devices is routing the signal. With only a few devices, the devices donā€™t have the ability to have more than one pathway to and from the hub. Also, if you have steel outlet boxes or switch/outlet covers, that will also weaken your signal. The HE hub isnā€™t slow, but the Automation speed also depends on the signal strength and speed of the individual components in your mesh. Also, it is my experience that using a bypassed zwave switch to control smart lights or automations is going to have significant lag. I reappropriated my Zwave plus dimmers due to this and replaced them with Sylvania zigbee 2-Button dimmers. These are instant in my setup.

3 Likes

At least you got your smart plug to pair.

Yeah- I had my zooz plug paired alright, but it was in the same room as the hub. I try and pair it 20 feet away- REFUSES to pair. THEN I read a ā€œnetworkā€ of zwaves has to be created for it to function properly. So, essentially it is required of me to buy a min. of 20 zwave trinkets for a proper zwave network. So freakinā€™ shady, because I didnā€™t come across this information until A YEAR AFTER purchase of the hub. This REEKS of shady tactics. Sorry but not everyone has been doing home automation long enough to know better. :expressionless:

I could buy your accusation of shady if Hubitat were selling those other devices but they are not. They have absolutely nothing to gain from you buying more devices made and sold by someone else.

5 Likes

It is not required to have any minimum of devices except 1 for them to work.

1 Like

I have 12 zwave devices in total. 3 are battery devices.

IMHO the claim would be completely unfounded even if hubitat did sell z-wave or zigbee devices.

Iā€™m certainly no expert, but Iā€™ve been into home automation for long enough to know there are very good reasons why zigbee and z-wave were both designed as mesh networks.

@junkie60626 your frustration is understandable but thereā€™s no reason to assume someone is deliberately screwing you.

5 Likes