Hubitat - Govee & HomeKit Integration (Color & Dimming?)

Hello,

After working with the incredible and patient @mavrrick58 i was successfully able to integrate my Govee H7062 Lyra Floor Lamp into HK. This integration works flawlessly and I highly recommend his App.

The question I have is:

Is there an APP or Add that can be made to obtain Dimming and Color control for Govee integrated devices in HomeKit via a Virtual Dimmer?

For example I can turn the device on and off “Natively” however, I cannot dim or change color within Apple Home. To achieve this, I would need to open Hubitat and choose the Color vs using HK to adjust all options.

Is anyone aware of a way to achieve this? I know HOOBS 4 has the integration but cannot find a resolve for Hubitat integration?

Did you try using the hubitat "Virtual RGBW Light" driver type with the Homekit integration?

1 Like

Yes, however at the time it never appeared in HK. I will try again to see if this can work I tired both RGB options under Types.

I purchased another Govee product to test from Amazon (Flood Lights) just to see if that will work. I will send an update once recieved :slight_smile:

As an update, I ordered the Govee Flood Lights and am still impacted by the same issue (inability to adjust Color or Dimming) via a Virtual RGBW switch in HK.

I am able to select a scene or Color in in the Govee app and have HK use the last used setting from Govee. However there is no native way to control the Color or dimming from HK.

Keeping my fingers crossed someone has successfully made this possible :slight_smile:

So just to make sure I know where the limitation is. Does the Virtual RGBW light ever show up in Homekit.

If it does what are you using for the rule to match it up to the govee device. If not then this is a limitation of the Virtual RGBW Light device getting into homekit and perhaps Hubitat will get that resolved eventually in their homekit integration.

1 Like

Yes the device does show up in HK via Virtual RGBW. Now that you say it, it could/is very likely that this is an error on my end with the rule.

I thought as a rule, I could simply put:

When RGBW switch turns on; turn on Govee Flood Lights and vice versa for off. Which does in-fact work perfectly. My logic was if I put in the RGBW I could slide the dimmer in HK or simply hit a color and thought it should change.

Now when I say it out loud sounds a bit far fetched.

Do you think this is a Rule issue?

You need to mirror the switch state, level, hue, and saturation.
Try this app: [RELEASE] Device Mirror Plus
I think it only does a one way mirror, so you may need to set it up in both directions.

There is also this app which does a bi-directional mirror but for some reason it is coded to only do the hue and not the saturation? [RELEASE] Switch Bindings

1 Like

Thanks kindly my friend.

I used Mirror Me, and it appeared to be almost too simple. So I will try the application you suggested above. I apologize for asking, is there any chance you may be able to explain how to properly mirror an application to a virtual RGBW Switch?

After attempting Mirror Me application, it will still not change color, dimming, saturation or hue. Would i be doing something wrong in this case?

If the built in Mirror Me will do the needed attributes it should work fine as well, I was not sure if I supported everything you needed.

It looks like you have selected the same switch for the course and destination though?

For your commands to flow this way: HomeKit -> Virtual Device -> Actual Device

You would want the Virtual Device in the top selection and the actual device in the bottom selection. Then when HK changes the virtual device, the app will forward those changes to the actual device, which will then send the commands to device and make the change.

Thank you very much for the help! It did work for about 4 attempts (Natively changing the color and dimming/on & Off in HK).

However, the device will now no longer turn off or on, change color or dim after this. Could this be due to a timeout period as it is on the cloud? Is there any way to ensure this works everytime without having to reset via Mirror Me?

There is no reason the mirror app would stop working. Govee has API limits so if you make a lot of changes you might be sending too many commands to the device.

1 Like

That seems to be the issue I changed Color’s and dimmed twice, I received a message saying excessive events.

Is there any chance API can be adjusted? Or you simply will need to be selective in actions? Thanks again to you both!

That would be a question for @mavrrick58 since he is currently handling the custom Govee integration. If you could post a screenshot of the exact errors in the logs that might help.

1 Like

That is were switching from the Govee Cloud to using the Lan API comes in.

The rate limit for Govee cloud is 10 changes in a min. And some commands in Hubitat can quickly churn through multiple cloud calls and that 10. Calls. So now that you have this working. Leave it alone and lets get the LAN API enabled for the device.

Start by opening the Govee home app and going to the device. Open the device settings and wait about 10- 15 seconds and you should see a option for lan control. Turn it on and leave the setting page. Get the ip of the devices and provide it a DHCP reservation on your router so it doesn't change. Then on the device page in Hubitat change the switch to enable the Local Lan control and click Save. Once that is done the driver switches to Lan commands. Now enter the ip address for the device in the IP address box that appears and click save again.

Now test if control is still avaliable. If it is Lan control has been properly setup. If it doesn't work make sure the ip is right and Lan control is enabled for the device settings in the Gove Home App.

Once this is done you know longer have any rate limits.

1 Like

Just one last word of advice. Though lan control doesn't have rate limits it does seem to get a little fuddled up if you submit changes faster then 1.5 to 2 seconds. I am not sure if this is a hubitat or device issue though. This generally isn't a issue unless you are trying to automate a gradual change between colors or doing some kind of fade over time, but it is still good to be aware of.

1 Like

Thanks so much to the both of you. I want to say this absolutely works great! It does have minor challenges when changing to certain Colours (Blue).

Once you tap it twice or go to the colour wheel, the issue goes away.

Thanks for being so patient and awesome to work with. I truly appreciate your time and dedication helping to resolve this :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.