Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Thanks mate re: the SL version. Yes, the fact they are wifi is a bit of a shame but I'll only need 4 of them, so not too much of a burden on my router. And yes, the fact that 4 of these are the price of one DHS/Fibaro/Aeotec is definitely a strong sales proposition, which is what attracted me. The leftover change buys me a bunch more gadgets!

1 Like

Good find! I'll be keeping an eye out on this. Shh, don't tell anyone else here, so they don't bid up the price! :wink:

No worries. I won't! :wink:

My sparky was here this morning fixing up the momentary switch on the Nano Dimmer installed last week. He asked how much the units were and I told him $99. But then expanded on that by saying the Dual Nanos are also $99. So where you have a 2-gang panel you only need one unit.

In other words, don’t multiply $99 by the number of lights, it’ll end up being less than that in most homes.
Edit: to clarify, the duals don’t dim, so if you do want to dim everything then my comment doesn’t apply.

Is there such a thing? There are dual nano switches but not dimmers, AFAIK. Will check again but I've not seen dual dimmers before.

Sorry, I meant to go back and edit that... you’re right, if you need to dim then there are no dual dimmers that I know of.

Well it's out of the box, haven't cooked it yet, have sent some questions to @ajrlaird so I don't blow anything up, have it under it's own account to keep the Museum stuff away from mine since the boss is now asking if it means she can yell at the kettle to boil it...……….. Surprised we need an app for that the looks lately...……… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi, just ordered the Hubitat today. Been on the sideline for a long time and now having taken the plunge, can't wait for it to arrive :slight_smile:

Hopefully it will work fine with my Oomi devices. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

welcome bud, know nothing of the Oomi range but HE is worth the investment :wink:

Thanks m8. It's devices based on Aeotec's but modded with NFC chip for touch to pair.

I have got lots of them :flushed:

can they pair via z-wave at all or only NFC ?
With HE - start off slow and work your way up, ppl who race to the top tend to have a lot more frustrations.

Welcome.
From a quick look online I think you might get “some” functionality out of existing drivers but then you’ll likely have to roll your own to get them reliable.
You might be lucky and satisfied and then again ........
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes they can be paired via z-wave. Actually they look exactly like Aeotec products,

Thanks for the tips. I have lots to learn on hubitat. Looks like a very powerful and capable platform.

Thanks njanda. What do you mean "roll your own to get them reliable"? I don't have any coding or programming knowledge...

Neither do I but I wish I did for a couple of devices I’ve got. LOL

yeah I guess I will have to roll up my sleeves :sweat_smile:

So "roll your own" means making my own drivers? that will probably be out of my league haha

The good news is that there are lots of helpful friendly people united around this product.

if the frequency is correct they are not on the Australian z-wave frequency.

My Oomi devices are on Australian Z-wave freq. The ebay link was to show that it looks identical to Aeotec.

2 Likes

From memory, they are rebadged Aeotec. I have the plugs and they seem to work with the Aeotec driver - but some functionality not as expected. I am only just getting back into fixing my system and will start questioning why some things may not work as expected.