Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Jaycar had one but it was $30 and looked a bit odd.
I ended up getting one from Amazon AU which should get here by Friday for $11, and it has a nice little case, so should be less likely to break!
https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07TXVRQ7V

1 Like

Nice one. Just make sure you have it set to 3.3v and NOT 5v otherwise you'll blow the chipset up. Also if your device works with the TuyaSmart app or port 6668 is open then @anon61068208 might be able to create a basic driver for this.

1 Like

Looks like a new version tuya-convert is having success with some Tuya plugs. May be able to flash tasmota without soldering

1 Like

@anon61068208 at the bottom of the document it contains the community HE driver that I was using for my other Tasmota single switches but given @robert1 has a 5 outlet smart powerboard it would require a minor update to operate these extra switches in the one driver. I does have a power switch number option but not sure if that adds in extra switches when you select for example 3 as I have always just typed in 1 and hit save... I have never tried it with a muti switch device before. Thoughts?

Is that driver on github ? If so can I get the url ?

Unfortunately I cannot see a github URL. I only found it posted about here. I suppose there's no reason why you cannot use Eric's driver here either as that would work too.

Ok I'll have to look at this... remember I am in the US and I don't have money to spare for electronic toys so I can make drivers but for this testing will be up to the people who will be using it. I hope everyone will be ok with that.

Sounds good to me @anon61068208. The others and I on here really appreciate it. I may even get one of these multi switch powerboards myself to convert it to Tasmota and "test" out the driver too, but for now I am sure @robert1 will at least attempt it and report back.

1 Like

Hi guys has anyone had any luck or has played with MyAir by Advantage Air? I have downloaded the API guide but due to my crap and non existent coding skill i have no idea what to do.
Looks like you can just send HTTP (REST) commends to it to get it to turn on and off, change zone controls etc. Would be good to make it a virtual device so you could for instance turn the aircon off when everyone leaves home (pet hate of mine when they leave it on).
I know there are clever people who have done python coding for Fibraro and Hass io so it can't be that hard (well it is for me).
Cheers

Blair

1 Like

My new house build is literally a couple of weeks away from finishing now and I too wanted my Daikin air conditioning split system integrated so I too had intended to look into this further once I was living there. It's a split system with multiple zones and it's own tablet and software. The most I found online for what I think is my system was this - https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2440219. Anyways once I am settled if I cannot work it out my plan was to pay a developer to do it for me as it would be the final piece in my integrated home automation puzzle :wink:

I am kinda in the same boat as well. I have a Daikin ducted aircon system using advantage air's e-zone which I understand uses the same API as myair.

I found this API on GitHub.

And Chris P Bacon had written some codes for homeassistant.

I am not sure how hard will it be to recode from homeassistant. I have no coding knowledge so I was wondering if anyone here can assist.
Cheers
Clarence

I actually spoke to the MyAir tech guys a while ago and they seemed happy to give people access to code against their system.

Yep just need a brilliant person to code it now

Folks, a noob question, how do I get z-wave to work? I plugged in the z-wave stick after registering the hub but can't seem add any zwave devices. The system message is showing that z-wave network is not online.

@gbrown would it be manageable if we had the Hue hub thing already ?

@Clarence I had to reboot mine after I plugged in the Z-wave then send it to search

Thanks @keith_munro , rebooting now. When you mention "search" you mean click z-wave inclusion?

Woohoo @keith_munro; rebooting worked!

1 Like

Manageable in what way? The Hue hub integration works well if you want some smart bulbs.

@gbrown sorry I'm being a bit obtuse. We can manage the lights etc via the hue hub or going around it in some cases wondering if the HE can use the switches via the hue hub, as the Hue would have to see them as devices so we go from the HE into the Hue out to the switch kind of thing.