Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Doh! Thanks for that, wasn't expecting it to be in the dashboard settings!

Love to use a dashboard like sharptools but I have a thing about subscription based apps. Don't mind paying for an app like actiontiles if they decide to support HE though.

Does anyone have multiple Google Home mini's ?

GHM1 is fine, GHM2 keeps falling off the HE.
They are not grouped in Google Home and I can see both in the HE. Rebooting the GHM doesn't always bring it back to the HE, had to drop the GHM and rescan to get it back.
They sit next to each other on the bench and respond from the google end.

Sharptools.io is free for up to 15 tiles so i'd recommend to give it a try as it will cost you nothing. Cannot hurt anyways.

2 Likes

Also need an opinion on power adapters, had a lovely glitch today where we had to reset the gateway router then needed to reset a POS printer, if I got a cheap wifi power switch are they ok to leave on and use for remote reboot type operations ?

I had to use this community app to stop my Google Home Hub from dropping off. My Sono's speakers though are all rock solid..

1 Like

Plenty of options in this space but i use a Tp-link energy meter to monitor my washing machine and advise when it's finished and that works a treat with this community driver. No reason why you couldn't use the guys other driver for the cheaper HS100 e.g. the non energy version. You can easily get them from Bunnings, Officeworks etc.

1 Like

@jchurch Thankyou - think I might add a bunch of plugs in the next phase of the rollout so I can remote hard reboot network gear and the F#%## POS printers. Can probably pay for them in the energy savings.

1 Like

I use the Tp links and the driver above. Works well. I got the 110's for AUD 26 from Amazon Australia, for the power monitoring.

1 Like

I was thinking of using the h110s when amazon sales them again, just concerned over the size. Pondering the Aeotec Smart Switch as well, but the price for them is... well.... ouch.

1 Like

The size of those is pretty good - I hadn’t really looked at how small they are! Much better than the HS-110. Smarthome.com.au has them on sale for $82 at the moment.

1 Like

82 vs 26... that's the issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

what are you guys using for presence (sure ive asked this before) - I currently just have the L360 app by BPT - but it dips in and out of useful and when I use L360 + HE iOS I get multiple jumps in and out of the fence within minutes of each other.
Its the one thing I have left to crack and cant. I have the fence set to 300m - but any larger it would clip my kids school and my mrs spends ages there so the house would always be disarmed with HSM.

I mainly use the iphone-wifi-presence-sensor which works really well but if your wifi on your phone turns off it could cause an issue. I also have tried the hubitat app but the geolocation never works unless I open the app and can't work out why.

Wifi presence. Via Iphone presence, although we dont use Iphones, all android here. It works flawlessly.

I have a rule that when my Hubitat presence sensor (HE app) hits the home area, it triggers the iphone presence sensor to run every 10 seconds. So within 10 seconds of me hitting the home wifi (which is turned on by tasker when I approach home), I'm recorded as home. Doors open, lights come on, etc.

I'm not recorded as away until both wifi and Hubitat are away. I am intruiged by the Hubitat youtube thing last night, which I have not watched yet, saying presence was bad for unlocking doors. I'll get to it tonight......

Turn off battery saving for that app, if you're on Android.

That could also be helpful for Life360 i'd imagine.

G

It's weird I'd swear that was the first thing I did but looks like it was off so hopefully you're right.
Thanks

1 Like

Might do that if my vibration sensor doesn't work out! Quite easy to set up using rule machine but waiting for a washing load before testing.

Might be worth looking at better-laundry-monitor if you go down that route.

I am using the HE app on my Android mobile and my wife is using the WiFi presence app on her Android mobile and they both seem to work alright. I also carry a SmartThings Presence Sensor V4 in my cycling pouch for when I ride my bike as I find that useful as I come and go without having to stop get off grab my pouch etc. The only thing bad about the SmartThings Presence Sensor V4 is they seem to chew battery life.. I noticed it dropped quickly to 15% although it's still running and it's been like this for weeks haha so will be interesting to see when it dies.