Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Try the lightify smart switch driver instead I found it works with that but there is no double tap option.

I'm trying to modify a driver for the lightify switch I found but can't get it to work yet and don't think the long press is actually an option from what I see being sent from the buttons.

1 Like

I actually had planned to use a Broadlink RM Pro initially too (still sitting in a draw) but I got a Bond and it did the job perfectly for my ceiling fans. Yes Bond Bridge will talk directly via Hubitat so nothing more to run :metal::wink:

Long press is there but it's a 6 second hold. Which is just crazy long, started working on a button driver for it.

2 Likes

I too have a Broadlink Pro. The problem for me is it doesn't support rolling code RF. Works great with some Kenwood RF switches I had kicking around in the extension cord box. So now I have yet another 3 smart switches I can add to my collection.

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I got the other driver working - turns out it appears as a contact - but I only see button 1. Hopefully the lightify solves that.

I've made this driver for it and think it works with no issues.
you will have to change the button mapping for the 3 buttons.

2 Likes

If you wanted to go with a hardware solution for weather, I can highly recommend a WeatherFlow smart weather station. I got mine on Kickstarter a couple of years ago. They still have their version 1 available, but they have launched an upgraded 2nd version (currently $229 USD plus shipping).

You could create rules for when rain is detected, or high winds etc. I had mine set up so that if the music in the pool was playing, and lightning was detected, a message would play alerting us to the approaching lighting. I also intended it for closing blinds (when we eventually get them) upon the detection of rain.

2 Likes

Adam, top work, mate. And you got the 3-state working too! Short, double, long all work for me. The long press seems to work reliably after 4 seconds. The button mapping was different on mine, so I reordered them in the driver and all is good. Thanks for your excellent work. I'm going to look through it and see if I can figure out how to write my own.

Thanks for that. That's on the pricey side. I've been looking at this as an option. It's rebranded by a bunch of companies. Seems good for the price.

Before the local integration, I had between 2-6 seconds from keypress to light action. But, my internet was adsl2 and slow as well.

Implement the non-cloud version of the integration. It’s instant.

Thanks for that. I think I'll just turn mine up the other way so the buttons line up. A bit weird that the pictures show the bulbs upside down and yet the button mappings seem to indicate that they should be right way up. lol. You don't need the tile references, as that's for smartthings only.

@at9 @bigrizz Hey Adam and Steven, I've done an iteration on the driver as well. Thanks Adam for your example, I included some of that as well, I've set it to set the buttons depending on the model (1 / 2 / 3 Gang), and a couple of tweaks. Thought I'd share it as well.

2 Likes

Nice work, Glenn. I'll try it out. I love how the HE community rallies behind a device and pumps out a driver in next to no time. I thought I'd have the switch kicking around in my drawers a while before either I figure it out myself or someone has a crack at it. Thankfully guys like you and @at9 Adam are around as sadly, I've got a ways to go on the skills and knowledge front. I'm trying to use my enthusiasm to make up for my skills and hack my way through. Ya gotta start somewhere, I guess.

1 Like

Once you understand some coding basics it's generally a matter of picking up the syntax and available methods. These drivers are coded as button devices, but we could code a switch version as well to store on/off state.

I hung up my coding boots 30 years ago after Uni. Need to recalibrate my brain for these fancy new languages. I only got as far as C and Pascal. :blush:

1 Like

has anyone got a recommendation for reliably measure distance ?
I want to put a sensor in the garage so when we back in we can still get the tailgate open.
I'm thinking when distance = x change lights to red and make announcement type thing

You could use one of those laser sensors between two points connected to the binary switch on a contact sensor. That way as soon as the car crosses the line it trips the contact and then you could automate from there maybe. Just an idea. Don't know of any sensors that measure distance itself.

@gbrown - cool, was thinking distance that way the alarm could come in once it got waaaay to close...… Planning on having a play with trip wires, going to see if I can turn the Samsung smart things one into one...….

If you go this approach, the contact sensor needs to support having the binary switch. There are a few z-wave plus contact sensors that do I think.

@gbrown - thankyou, I'll do some more research and see what I can rig.