Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Yep, I love the Hue stuff, run it all off a couple of Hue Bridges and let it manage 90% of the lighting automation/schedules keeping the HE for the other stuff. Keeps around 50 bulbs off of HE and works faultlessly :slight_smile: Don't think I've ever paid full price for a bulb, Prime day is also a good one to stock up on.

My experience with the Nue Zigbee 3.0 Smart light switch/s....

Geeky stuff: :nerd_face: No issues with pairing. Connection thus far has been flawless.

WAF: Rated low :frowning: Mostly because of the audible relay 'click' when switching. Turning on I think is acceptable but turning off I have to agree has quite a tinny after effect. This only becomes noticeable since they are automated.... we've become used to the satisfying silence of smart light globes. My Zwave nano dimmer is also completely silent.

Another more minor issue is the bright blue glow when off, however as previously mentioned in this thread this can be resolved by slipping in a small square of tint behind the glass.

This is not meant to discourage anyone from purchasing the switches. They are brilliant at what they do and the wife and I agree they look pretty class. Just keep these things in mind if you or your partner are fussy about these 'First World' problems.
Unfortunately our choice right now is still very limited.

Another small thing while I think of it, and I guess this would be more HAF than anything... In my opinion, touch sensitive glass although looks nice, isn't as convenient in reality. The lack of tactility actually requires slightly more concentration? to guide your finger to the hot spot. Makes me realise the possible design and ergonomic reasoning behind larger rocker switches.

1 Like

Good feedback man, thx.
I read within the forum that the light could be disabled so there is that option.

1 Like

I love the Nue switches they took a little to get used to but now they are just normal to my wife and I.

Also I noticed that the dimmer switch is in the new 2.1.5 release so @mike.maxwell must have finally finished it.. yes!! Great timing too as my house build will be done next month and I have 5 to install :grin:

EDIT: just tested the official Nue dimmer driver that came in the latest 2.1.5 release and @mike.maxwell you my friend are a bloody legend as it works a treat!!

3 Likes

Out of interest has anyone heard from our mate Kevin (3asmarthome) in a while? I believe last time he was about to get a Hubitat so that sounded positive.

1 Like

by heard of, you mean harass ? lol

Haha! I was trying to chase him on the 1gang 2000w switch he apparently had coming in but he doesn't respond anymore so I wondered if anyone else has had any success in speaking to him.

For anyone who has a ZConnect Garage Door Controller.
I've written a device driver for it that allows you to use all four endpoints and adjust some of the important parameters. The link to the code is in the Developers Section.

6 Likes

@njanda Guess what IKEA have on their au website?? Shall I... repeat! :wink:

3 Likes

Very neat looking repeater for Aus have to say. Can't imagine it'll be very strong signal, but it's certainly a tidy little package.

stop playing hide the sausage and give em the link bro

2 Likes

hehe, you're no fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks like they've added a few more bulbs as well.

Yep, 10m is not brilliant but I'll put a couple around the place where I currently have USB devices plugged in as it can only help.

1 Like

Finally!!

I was also reading up about a remote control they're bringing out for the Symfonisk

Sounds like the speakers have zigbee in them? Or maybe the gateway talks over the lan

Only 1 store has the Repeaters ! (Marsden Park !!)
At least it's in the same state. LOL

its a bummer that they've changed the form factor because I wanted to make use of USB sockets in the side of TV's etc around the house. Or they've got the wrong picture. he he
Now they'll just double up as a slow phone charger

Thx by the way. :+1:

I bought the freestanding / wall speaker. Its really very nice abeit I only bought it as the no fuss TTS device.. But the WAF is there as she works from home and appreciates the quality sound.