Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Hey fellow Aussies, has anyone tried one of these Presence Sensor

This might be just what I’m after for our cars !

My xiaomi's motion sensors are not staying online - i'd love the ikea outlets but may not be able to wait til october. I'm hoping the T1 3.0 aqara motion sensors are released soon :frowning:

@njanda - I have the swannone outlets and they work super fast and always stay connected. But don't seem to play well with cheap stuff. I don't see why that presence sensor would not work - there's a few discussions on smartthings about it i thought. edit here you go

i can't find any info on when the xiaomi's new 3.0 stuff is coming out other than August in china.

1 Like

Cool. I’d always thought the Swanone stuff was WiFi until I read your post so thanks.
Under $25 bucks is a great price for a presence sensor in Aus. :+1:t3:
Now I’ve ordered one to test :blush:

nice! yeah they seem to say wifi and then zigbee down lower

they sell motion sensor as well but it only says wifi. very odd. maybe they are zigbee also those motion sensors. 25 bucks affordable.

Below you will find details about the Swann fob but it doesn't sound that great. I have been playing around with WiFi on phones, WiFi fobs in cars and they are all "ok" but not perfect. Last night I installed an Xbee3pro in my car with a micro python script installed on it to check in every 10secs and it reports back to a Xbee Presence sensors HE driver too and so far so good.

Also I had a friend in the US post me some Samsung Smartthings Arrival sensors as I hear they work pretty well. I think it cost me $98 AUD for two fobs and postage.

Yeah I too am waiting for these to be released. I am currently building a house that should be finished in Oct/Nov so I am hoping the stars align so I can order them. That said if you really need to use the old Xiaomi sensors you can install Xbee's around the house and route them via them. See below.

Yeah also found This

So is it a presence sensor? Or is it once you press a button, it knows you are "home".

Hi @ohauporoad, Did you get what you needed from this post? I am in the same position. I have an Aeotec Garage Controller too; same thing - shows as generic z-wave garage controller.
Are you happy with this? I would like to see it integrated into Google Home. How about you? Are you happy with how you automated the Garage Controller through Hubitat?
Here's my link to my post in Support: Aeotec Z-Wave Garage Controller - #7 by Alan_AYL

I wondered the same thing but after doing a bit of digging have assumed it’s a presence sensor/arrival sensor.
Either way I ordered one from Kogan so we’ll see.
I’m not skilled enough to create a driver or such so it’ll pretty much have to work first go or it’ll go into ‘the shed’.

2 Likes

HE turned up today, plugged in, updated, added the Alexa Skill and my Hue Bridges and now I can control ALL my lights through Alexa not just those on Hue Bridge one :slight_smile: Simple stuff but a big leap forward in convenience... Now to do the motion sensors, door sensors, garage, plugs etc etc.

2 Likes

enjoy!
my only advice would be to add things in slowly, so if you need to backtrack its easier.

Hi Can anybody recommend Smart ZigBee or zwave Roller Blinds or curtains that works great with HE.

I saw 3A smart roller blinds but not sure if we have drivers code for it?
https://www.amazon.com.au/SmartThings-Compatible-Upgrading-Existing-Automation/dp/B07S63GSN2/ref=asc_df_B07S63GSN2/?tag=googleshopdsk-22&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341743978224&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9030554145435456070&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9071953&hvtargid=pla-777532236227&psc=1

Email Kevin (3a Smart Home) and ask him to send the blinds rollers to @mike.maxwell as I am sure Mike would be happy to get them supported into HE.

IKEA are bringing some out soon in aus aren't they ?the repeaters are all coming in September apparently. (up higher on this thread ) tho I got a message back from their Facebook yesterday saying it was not coming out here for now

"Thanks for the message. At this point in time, it does not appear that we will be receiving the TRÅDFRI wireless control outlet in Australia. As this range is still very new, there may be a few options that are not currently available to our market and are yet to come. We will definitely pass on your interest in the product and highly recommend signing up to IKEA family to keep in the loop about any future product announcements. If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out."

I would imagine they would work as they are Smartthings compatible. I was looking at these as well.

One of the things you need to make sure of is tube size.....

I have electric external blinds but use Zwave controllers for those.....

2 Likes

I’ve been chasing the ikea repeaters NOT the wall outlets and was told October release in Aus, along with the speakers and blinds.
Who knows :blush:

1 Like

2 bulbs, a bridge and a controller.
The bulbs alone are worth it. I will be testing this hub to see if it will join my ikea bulbs my other one wont, could even onsell the hub cheap. Always good to have another controller.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B076CT3F13/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This looks like a good start! And a great price...... Specially for aus!

I try and post the specials I find as it is quite baron out here for us.