Hubitat for AUS/NZ Chat

Good to hear of your success. Enjoy

nwmclean,
That's an awesome piece of kit, have an old wired system that we don't use, its going to get a resurrection!
Cheers

1 Like

@MikeR just in case it helps, some thoughts on my (one and only, first time) experience installing the Konnected alarm board:

• my place had an old wired alarm system, still fully functional.
  • really wanted get away from the phone back to base style monitoring
  • really wanted to use the existing door and PIR sensors as they work fine and were nicely installed when the house was built.
  • not a huge fan of stick on white plastic battery powered wireless sensors. A bit ugly and read of lots of problems with wireless sensors dropping offline etc. (if necessary will use them to extend the system later)
  • finding the Konnected option was thus a happy moment
  • got to think about UPS options to keep routers etc up and running should mains power fail.
  • as all my NBN and router devices and hubs are all in one place I went with this unit SafeGuard
  • my alarm panel is not in the same location so needed to consider another solution to keep the Konnected board powered during power outage.
  • The simplest and most convenient solution was to leave the old alarm box where it was and mount the Konnected board INSIDE the existing alarm box. Because it has a backup battery and charger built in already!
  • this also made it easy to swing over alarm cabling from old main board to Konnected.
  • of course I selected Hubitat as the hub to use: because it is compatible with Konnected and doesn’t require cloud
  • I already had a headless server in my home for other purposes. And already had a Homebridge instance running on the server to drive a couple of IR blasters, and add some other non-apple functions to my Home/HomeKit environment. So it was easy to get homebridge to push Hubitat Safety Monitor into Home/HomeKit too.

I sent Mike a spare 3a nue switch (dimmer ) that has the diff prod end points. He only just got it so not sure when it will get looked at... But he seemed hopefull it will help with the diff endpoint on this device.

It's my main zigbee repeater so when i get hubitat (tomorrow !) I'm gonna set up everything but light's until 3anue works. Big job but feels neat moving off ST.

1 Like

Im also having an issue with texting alert.
i have sent up an intrusion alert with door sensors, When the alarm is on and door is open the text alerts are not sending, In 'Intrusion Away' the phone number is for eg +61425XXXXXX .

not sure where i did wrong? it worked for first time and now its not working anymore?
Any advise

I wouldn’t spend too much time trying to get Hubitat’s SMS messaging working.

Take a look at Twilio or Pushover or the Hubitat Mobile App’s push notifications.

2 Likes

Pushover ftw

1 Like

Hi there

When you said Motion sensor, which one did you use?
cause there are two different sensor i can find online Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor.
Xiaomi Mijia human body sensor.
i looked for drivers code i dint find for Xiaomi Mijia human body sensor, or is same driver for both?
thanks

I use the Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor and it works fine. I would have purchased more but with the release of the new T1 sensors that are Zigbee 3.0 I am now waiting for them to become available before i commit to more. That said I haven't had any issues with these old sensors when paired with the Nue switches.

1 Like

Can anybody recommend Plug-in Outlet Switch. is Mijia Zigbee Smart Home Socket any good?

Dont think so. I have 6 Xiaomi outlets that I no longer use. They eat your zigbee mesh, so I'm told. I transferred over to the aeotec zwave outlet 6 (AUD70) and the TPG HS110 sockets (wifi) (AUD 25).

1 Like

How about this ?

any good?

No idea, sorry. Others may chime in.

i've bought 4 of these and have them deployed in my setup.
What was the question ?

Do they work well with hubitat and do we have driver for these. Any issues so far. Im thinking to use this for garage control , similar set up to the video below, but instead of using plug socket or wall outlet, want to use this on/off controller
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvVpKHEFPds

I haven't used that Zigbee switch you speak of but it's cheap so worth a test and report back to us all. In relation to Garage door control if your looking to do that on the cheap you could use a WeMo's D1 Mini with relay shield. Check out HubDuino and it's ST_Anything Garage Door control it works well and it's like $5.

2 Likes

I dont have them controlling anything, I just have them as repeaters to fill out my mesh for other zigbee devices.
There is no driver, just "generic zigbee outlet" is what I have them listed under.
They paired quickly and are controlled easily enough.
No issues so far.

3 Likes

My 3a nue zigbee dimmer works with HE. Easy. It assigned correct driver ootb.

Update. Dimmer doesn't work tho. Just on off. Will keep testing but this was via dashboard

I just went to jaycar and they have $5.95 2m cords and i just spliced off the ends and connected it up that way. I only have a 200sqm house but have 4 running "just to be sure".

Mate follow this thread as it's being worked on. Also feel free to let Kevin (3asmarthome) that your interested in this happening as well.

1 Like