Hubitat Elevation Temporarily Out of Stock

I'm not looking to buy another, but anyone know when they expect to get back in stock again? seems like forever.

Agreed. Their revenue & cashflow must be really, really suffering. I'm assuming the manufacturers are playing all sorts of games with priorities -vs- order quantities and prices right now too. Not an easy time at all for a small business :confounded:

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Looking to move from Smartthings

I'd sell one of mine, however it's the European version. Unopened C5. And I live in Sweden...

Check houzhack.com ......not sure if it's true but rhey seem to have 3 at 99$

Nope... website is wrong, no stock.

I have an extra C5 hub I would be happy to sell for an eye watering, gouging inflated price. :stuck_out_tongue: Starting price of $299, as-is / no returns accepted. lol

5 Likes

Hubitat - do you have an ETA of when the hubs will be back in stock? I have been checking nearly every day, followed by a sigh of disappointment, and I would really like a ballpark. Thanks.

8 Likes

I think you could have your pick of ballparks these days. They aren't being used. :wink:

5 Likes

@zarthan - clever! :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for helping test my five-day-old stitches :rofl:

3 Likes

Does this mean what I think it means?

1 Like

Lost in the levity... Welcome, Julie!

2 Likes

Steven (@LosinIt) had it right - welcome! And while waiting for your Hubitat, feel free to use this community to help you plan your transition to Hubitat!

3 Likes

Thanks, I will take you up on that!

I had a big weekend planned on May 23/24 to fully migrate my VeraPlus devices to my Samsung SmartThings hub (40+ devices over several years). In the process, I had to move my SmartThings hub temporarily into the garage to help pair the garage switches. Upon the return to its normal place, I inadvertently plugged my SmartThings into the wrong power adapter (also white with the same connector type) and fried it. :frowning: This sucked, but I figured I could simply get another SmartThings hub and copy the image down from the cloud. Samsung support told me that you cannot copy/migrate the config. Say what?! So this means if the hub ever fails or I want to upgrade, Iā€™m up the creek again with a monstrous number of devices in my house that are cumbersome to unpair/pair.

Fortunately, the smart people at Konnected have now added Hubitat to their list of supported hubs. I have ~50 hardwired windows & doors that I moved from an old HAI system over to Konnected.

Since Iā€™m starting OVER from scratch, Iā€™m thinking that migrating devices should be a core requirement. :blush:

Here I am, hating on ST every time I look at a z-wave switch, waiting for Hubitat to come to back into stock. I literally had one in my cart ready to buy, got distracted, came back the next day to "out of stock."

And that's my story.

6 Likes

I gave Julie a ballpark, of her choosing, and all you guys can do is offer a welcome.
Yes, I should have offered a welcome first. Welcome Julie.

2 Likes

LOL - thanks. I will trade that ballpark for anyone with a new Hubitat hub :wink:

Does anyone know if SmartThings devices work on the Hubitat hub? I would like to reuse them, even though I am swearing off the hub.

2 Likes

yes, they work

2 Likes

The only ST devices I have are the plug-in switches and they work great...except for one and it's not a bad device, it's that it's plugged into a UPS and I think the stepped sine wave output is the reason the switch goes stupid occasionally.

2 Likes

I use a lot of the SmartThings Motion Sensors, Door/Multipurpose sensors, the plugin plugs, and a bunch of buttons, and they all work pretty much faultlessly. Just make sure you get the Zigbee models, some of their plugin sockets are WiFi I think.

S.

...And Welcome!

1 Like