Hubitat Elevation supported button controller capabilities matrix

I'm not seeing any of that.
Ignoring the cluster 0000 frame, have a look at the data for cluster 0003, do either of the data values correlate to a specific button id?

this is a full run of pressing the buttons, pressing, holding, releasing then double tapping and what the log says

button one

Button 2

double tap gave a button 1 event but sometimes gives a button 2 or 3 or 4.

Button 3

double tap gave button 1 this time

Button 4

got a button 4 but tried again and got nothing. It seems i rarely get a event on button 4 double tap so the few times i do is possible that i wasn't fast enough, but with button 1, 2 and 3 i always get something but I only get the cluster information on button 1. For the other 2 buttons i just get random pressed button events.

Edit:
another odd thing is if i double tap button 1 then double tap button 2 or 3 the random button event number i get changes.

Yeah, double tap is a no go, pretty sure I tried it when writing the driver.

2 Likes

Chears @mike.maxwell for checking :slight_smile:

1 Like

You say the 4-button switch is supported. Can you say with which driver? I see a Lightify Smart Switch. But is that for a button controller or for a smart "plug"? Sometimes it is confusing that the word switch is used for mains plugs and sometime for buttons.
If the Lightify Smart Switch Driver is the right one, does it also mean both the 4-button and the 2-button mini switches are supported by the same driver?

The Lightify Smart Switch driver is used for the 4-button switch, and the Sylvania Dimmer Switch Button Controller driver is used for the large 2-button switch that can be mounted on top of physical light switches.

Thanks. So, no support for the 2-button mini switch?

cute, but I'm unable to source one...

I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.

I have one and i can confirm it works with this driver you just get a extra button thats not usable.

well i see, and you all complain you can't get US kit, and yet US can't get your kit LOL

1 Like

Amazon is your friend :wink: although i got mine for £10 amazons random inflation is no one's friend :crazy_face:

Yup, just ordered the low budget unloved blue one...

1 Like

:wink: I have the same. Does this mean a dedicated driver for this one too :smile:

yes, a special driver, one specific to each of the available colors...

2 Likes

Wouldn't it be possible to create one driver that can service the different OSRAM/Lightify/Sylvania buttons? I would think you can detect each based on manufacturer and HW IDs and configure appropriately within one driver.

I was joking about the colors...

It all depends on how similar the firmware on the device is between products, if there are only minor changes to the initial configuration between different products then we do this.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. :wink:

Is the Philips Hue Button 2019 supported? I don't see it in the matrix of the first post.

Just ordered a couple of those with a couple of Osram Switch+ and one Switch Mini, that I believe are supported through the Lightify Smart Switch official driver.

Hope to have everything supported by HE. :slight_smile:

Yes, the official list is a bit stale.

1 Like