Hubitat Elevation Multiple Hubs

Hello! I downloaded the Hubitat Elevation app today and am a bit confused. I have two Hubitat devices in two locations. With the old app, it is bit clunky going between the two, but I adjusted. I would love to have two instances of the app, once dedicated to each hub, but as far as I know that is not possible. Let me know if it is,

Unfortunately with the new app, it seems the only way to change between hubs is to log out, then log in again and select the new hub. This is far more clunky and a bit step backwards. If this is the case, I hope the old app is around for a long time, as my workaround will ti be to use one for each hub.

Unless I am wrong. Please tell me I am wrong, I would be delighted!

As always, thank you.

From the mobile app’s “home” screen you can tap on the name of your hub to bring up a “my hub” screen. From there you can tap “switch to another hub.”

3 Likes

Thank you! I missed that.

Ideally, it would be much easier to have multiple instances of the app, one dedicated to each hub. Having to go to home, select a hub, go to dashboards, etc. is not as easy as just picking an icon. However, if the old app is supported indefinitely, then I can use the old for one hub, and the new for another. That will be a great workaround.

Thanks again!

Not sure about their plans to support the older app, my guess is it’ll remain in the App Store as it currently is, but won’t receive much in the way of actual updates.

At some point, iOS updates could eventually introduce some kind of breaking change.

FYI:

1 Like

As noted that is not supported and no idea if HE will at some point try to provide that functionality.

In the meantime a potential work-around: If the original mobile app provides satisfactory functionality for you, you can install the original app and the new app, and set point on app at one hub, and the other app at your second hub.

HE is removing the apps from the app stores but:

So as long as you don't uninstall the original app you can keep using it.

Assuming that both hubs are registered with the same account, you do not have to log out. If you press on the hub's name and go into hub settings page, one of the options is to "switch to another hub"

Look for switch to another hub option:

This is not possible.

Thanks. I missed the option to change hubs, but someone pointed in the right direction.

I also understand that you cannot have two identical applications on a mobile device. For now I will use the old app for one hub and the new for another.

Switching between hubs is not a big deal, but it is a bit of a pain. Often seems like I have the wrong hub selected when I go to do something. Gives me that feeling of hitting every red light while driving down the road.

Would it be possible to have a second version of the app available on the App Store/Play? So, Hubitat Elevation might be paired with an app called Hubitat Elevation 2. The I could just download each.

I don’t know how many users have a multiple hub use case, I would certainly understand if it’s too few to worry about.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that approach, but be aware that the last app you log in that selects the same hub's mobile device on a particular hub becomes the primary presence and push notification driver.

I have seen several reports from some users getting confused why presence/notifications stopped working on the new app. There is also an active incident that if you switch back to the old app after you start using the new app, there is no way to reconnect the existing mobile device driver to the new app. See this post for more details: [INCIDENT] Notifications and presence stop working after migrating to the new mobile apps

1 Like

i have used app cloner pro to add a second app on the same phone (android) unfort. just switching in the app is enough if you want phone notifications from both hubs on the same phone