New Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 Available

I know the email list was huge.. It could be stuck in a mail queue.. Or could have been caught by spam filters..

Thanks Bryan, not in spam. It's okay I got mine anyway

Got caught up in the excitement and ordered one - ORDER #14417. Right now I have two C-5s - one for Zigbee and the other for Zwave - connected via Hubconnect. Will wait until subscription service is available to migrate Zwave devices from the C-5 to the C-7. The freed-up C-5 will then be factory reset and Hubconnected as the controller (master).

1 Like

I am running a C3 hub, are there any performance improvements with the C7 hubs?

I have quite a few devices and sometimes I notice things responding a little slow so I am tempted to get a 2nd hub and split things up a little bit...

I thought they said the basic specs of these hubs have always been pretty similar?

2 Likes

Yes, agree.
There's no difference between a C-3 and a C-4, except the C-4 has the Logo silk screened on top.

The C-5' differences are the smaller package without the USB/HDMI ports.

Even with the C-7 they are saying it IS the C-5 with a different ZWave module.

The ship date has changed from week of july 20th to week of july 27th.

HE staff ordering their new porche on the back of these orders :joy:

4 Likes

I hope they get more than a rain cover for the back door. A nice new Porsche would be better :joy:

2 Likes

I tried ordering for delivery to Norway, but got this error message:

This order can’t be shipped to your location. Contact the store for more information.

I've made sure it was the European version I was ordering.
I know worldwide delivery can be "sketchy", but I've had no problems getting deliveries to Norway from other companies. Does Hubitat not deliver to Norway?

I got the same, but I was able to get it from Vesternet as I'm in the UK. I assumed that posting 2 would be £60 ish import and £40 to ship so for me even with the discount it made sense to just pay £135 at Vesternet. It's just USB micro so you could get your own PSU as long as it was a good one.

1 Like

The listing is here Hubitat Elevation Hub C-7 EU/UK version - Smart Home Control and Automation | eBay
For some reason eBay will not allow pre orders so I have to wait until I have received the hubs from Hubitat

3 Likes

I see your listing on ebay says a delivery between 28th July to 4th of Aug. Have you actually got these yet. If not you may want to put a disclaimer on your listing in case people are expecting delivery by then.
In case any one reading this is unsure of the ebay seller, I ordered a C5 from this seller last year and everything was fine. he is a trusted seller. (I have no affiliation with this seller by the way).

EDIT: It has just come up with out of stock on the listing. Missed that. Sorry.

2 Likes

When will you have the documentation published for the c4 users if they decide to migrate? As other have stated I fully understand the radio registration lock on the older Zwave radio USB device and have to migrate the devices. In my mind I have been developing a plan but it would be great if I had a framework to work from. I had to live with a whole day migration with SmartThings when I had a hub go bad and still took additional time to fix all the generated device id's for the re-registered Zwave devices.

I really like the idea of the capability with the newer hardware to have a cloud backup option in addition to local backup. And a subscription makes sense. This will get ride of the last roadblock of having a disaster recovery plan for failed hub devices.

1 Like

I got the email from Vesternet and I knew there would be a race, so as soon as the email dropped I went straight over and got one. It will be my first experience of Hubitat and the first opportunity I have actually had to get a hub at a reasonable price, even if I'd wanted to before!

OK, I see what was going on here. It isn't that they won't deliver to my location, it's that I was greedy and ordering two hubs. When I ordered just one, it went fine. With shipping and the 10% off from Hubitat it comes to about GBP 135 that Vesternet charges (and that's not including shipping from the UK). I have to pay import charges whether it comes from the UK or US anyway, so it makes no difference. Other than my Trådfri from IKEA, this is my first real try at smart-homing, so wish me luck!

3 Likes

Norxit?

2 Likes

Bruce already posted his approach to moving Z-Wave devices to a new hub yesterday. Take a look below.

With all the staff they keep adding, they might be happy to just make payroll at this point! They haven't shipped anything/received any revenue in quite a while...

3 Likes

I’m a little confused by the naming. I know the new Zwave version is called Zwave 700, is the C7 one of those? Or a Zwave Plus chip?