New Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 Available

This thought just came to my mind.. Just when did ST become the reference for HE?

1 Like

They only have to reach as far as the closest repeater. :smiley: After that it's the repeater's antenna that matters :smiley:

Perform a ZWave Repair at any 'pause point' -- let's say you have a room with 3 devices.. you migrate one, do a repair, migrate two, do a repair, migrate three, do a repair... OR, migrate all three and do a repair because at that point, you're pausing before tackling the next room/area.

On the other hand, I wouldn't do 20 devices in one room and then do a repair.. there's just too many variables to narrow down if everything is working correctly. I'd do a repair and count the number of devices and verify that's the total I'm expecting.

1 Like

For those of us moving to HE, it will remain so until it's done, I think... :slight_smile:

Unless you're coming from Vera, or Wink, or Staples Connect or...

Then THOSE are the reference, right? :smiley:

Of course, which is why I started with 'As a ST user...' :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Don't get me wrong. HE is a platform for real users while IMHO ST is mostly for the company behind it. These two platforms can't really be compared at the moment and in the near future they will be absolutely different.

1 Like

Which is why Hubitat is an attractive alternative to ST. Still, I think it's surprising how small the hub is.

Excited to start my migration.

LOL :slight_smile: HE is going it's path guided by most intelligent people. If they were in EU we'd probably had them speak to thousands somewhere in London, Warsaw or Berlin.

1 Like

well the new c7 doesnt have usb so moving the stick is not an option.

although i did plug it into my pc running hassio and all my maker api zigbee devices were still working in HA. i still have the hubitat on but the stick wasnt in the hubs usb port.

There is a way... you have to use an OTG USB cable, which will provide both a means to power the hub, as well as provide a USB-A port.

Here is an example of one...

https://www.amazon.com/DSYJ-Micro-Samsung-Player-OTHERS/dp/B00CXAC1ZW/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?crid=3STDOCJKTKMC0&cv_ct_cx=otg+cable&dchild=1&keywords=otg+cable&pd_rd_i=B00CXAC1ZW&pd_rd_r=8ced9780-4bba-4f5d-94de-74e154fe5125&pd_rd_w=sNous&pd_rd_wg=U3MJS&pf_rd_p=13bf9bc7-d68d-44c3-9d2e-647020f56802&pf_rd_r=YGZWD1V3XS6TB2WS9ZW9&psc=1&qid=1595992181&sprefix=OTG+%2Caps%2C153&sr=1-1-791c2399-d602-4248-afbb-8a79de2d236f

3 Likes

Thanks but the main reason I upgraded was to go stckless. Will spend the weekend turning bulbs in and of, on and off on and off...

3 Likes

Has there been any mention of the shipping dept clearing through the backlog?

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: C-7 Shipping Questions

4 posts were split to a new topic: Vesternet Questions

A post was merged into an existing topic: C-7 Shipping Questions

I'm hanging fire for hub migration to be available

2 Likes

Had to Google that expression - learn something new every day! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

We have caught up with the order backlog. Current orders placed before 4 PM EDT are shipped the same day in most cases.

9 Likes