hubitat.device.Protocol.LAN documentation

I searched, but didn't see what I am looking for (my apologies if I missed it).

Is there full documentation for hubitat.device.Protocol.LAN anywhere? What are valid types, encoding options, any other parameters it accepts, etc?

I see plenty of examples of its use in drivers and apps, so can probably figure it out that way, but thought I would ask if it is documented.

I guess this was either a dumb question, or the answer is "no". :smile:

No worries either way, I'll keep hacking away looking at other app/driver examples.

Well... :wink: Actually, mostly confusing. Protocol is an enum and LAN is an item in that enum, so there can't be any additional documentation beyond what is provided. Protocol Object - Hubitat Documentation

Perhaps you are asking about something else?

Well now that I reread your question. I think you are asking if you create a HubAction with Protocol.LAN, what are the options for HubAction?

I worded my question very poorly. Yes, I am trying to understand the hubaction options more thoroughly.

From one of your examples vin another thread:

def myHubAction = new hubitat.device.HubAction(stringBytes,
hubitat.device.Protocol.LAN,
[type: hubitat.device.HubAction.Type.LAN_TYPE_UDPCLIENT,
destinationAddress: "192.168.1.101:7815",
encoding: hubitat.device.HubAction.Encoding.HEX_STRING])

I guess I was thinking (out loud) - what are the valid options for TYPE? what are the valid options for ENCODING? Etc.

While I've written tons of zwave drivers, and enough apps now to be dangerous - I've never written any LAN based drivers, so I'm not 100% I even know what I don't know yet.

So I apologize for the poorly worded question.

If you have specific questions I can answer those, otherwise I will work on the general documentation for HubAction

No specific questions right now. Thanks!