Hubitat dashboard errors causing system to become unresponsive

Hi all,

A couple times over the past week or so my hub has become unresponsive to the point I've had to power cycle the hub to get it to recover. Looking through the logs I see the following out of memory errors related to the Hubitat Dashboard which I think is the cause but I'm not sure which dashboard or what is causing the issue. Any ideas on how I can get to the root cause of what's causing this?

It appears your database may be corrupted. You may want to create and download a backup. Then navigate to IP:8081 and chose soft reset and then restore your backup. Soft reset will keep your devices intact on the radios but just reset the database with a fresh copy.

1 Like

I would look at device #36
Before any other issues you have websocket errors from this device.

You can click on: β€˜dev:36’ in the logs and it should take you to the device.
Then I would check if device 36 was on any of your dashboards.

Andy

1 Like

I would disable app1, which seems to generate the most errors. Is device 36 involved in app1? dev36 shows some debug & warning, but I thought error was the most impactful on hub.

Is there any way to tell for sure if the database is corrupted? I'm a little hesitant to do this until I have a chance to read up on all that will be affected. Or is it as simple as restoring the backup and everything (such as web integrations) is back to normal?

Thanks for catching that. Device #36 is my harmony hub. I just checked the driver and there's been a few updates to it so I just updated it and so far I haven't seen any errors with it yet but I'll keep an eye on it now. BTW, I do not believe this device is in any dashboards.

I regularly see the webSocket disconnect/reconnect messages in the Live Logs. I don’t think these are an issue. Probably just a coincidence with the other errors.

App1 is listed as "Hubitat Dashboard". I had a number of different dashboards configured so the issue is I'm not sure what dashboard is causing the error and I was hoping there was an easy way to figure that out. Since that doesn't seem to be the case I just went through all my dashboards one by one and deleted any items that may have been for a device that's no longer in play (was only one or two tiles). I also deleted a couple dashboards I don't use often. I'm hoping this will take care of the issue I've been running into. Thanks all for the responses!

Thanks for the info. BTW, updating your driver also gave me the volume control that I didn't have in the old version so that was a nice surprise. :grinning:

1 Like

Strange database errors are usually the sign. You can reach out to support and @bobbyD can confirm.