Hubitat™ Dashboard Documentation

I just reread my initial post and may have been unclear. The template I was asking about was the button template and NOT the momentary.

We are discussing this internally. For now, it is recommended to use virtual buttons as proxies for these devices and then use those virtual buttons in dashboard.

LOL...My plan was to use virtual button devices on the dashboard but I wanted to ensure I understood the intended use of the button template first.That's why I tested with my existing physical button devices before building the virtual devices and got the errors reported. I'll create a virtual button device and test soon. Thanks for responding.

Ok..so I created a virtual 6 button device. Added it to the dashboard using the button template and get the following when its tapped:

errorjava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "null" (push)

Alrighty...just updated to the 1.1.0.122 and now the virtual button reports pushed events as expected.

??? - as long as it's working now I guess.

Glad its working, nothing should have changed so far as with dashboard and the push command...

Feature Request:
Now that we have the new upgraded Hampton Driver, can we also have a fan template?
My suggestion...after selecting fan template, present new field to choose fan speed (numeric). Tile should act as a momentary button and when pushed, it sets the speed accordingly (using setSpeed command).
This way it can be tied to both the fan controller parent device and the fan component device.

The dimmer template could be used for light control on the parent device and the fan light component device.
The dimmer template could be used for "gradual" fan speed control on the fan component.

In addition, it would be nice to have a "Fan Controller" template eventually, where you could control the light (on/off/dim) and the fan speed.

I think this was discussed at one point.

But can we get the ability to change a device's label on an individual dashboard?

Also making it optional to hide a tile's label would be great too.

Thanks!

It's on the feature request list. As is fan control.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just update to Firmware 1.1.0.122. I now have issues with dashboard tiles. the dimmer slider has moved lower on the tile and when viewing on tablet it cover the bottom text. The attached image is from google chrome on windows. Any ideas @patrick?

I have similar issues on my phone when the device has a long name that needs to wrap to a second line.

A couple of other small issues I came across today setting up my fan speed button. In the pic below...I added image tiles with the button numbers and overlaid a button tile. The button tile was configured for highest level of transparency. If you look at the image you can still see the outline of the button icon and also the button tile text at the bottom. Any way to get complete transparency?

The other thing I noticed is that the custom template colors are not taking properly. In the above pic it shows the yellow color I set for attribute tiles. When I set a new fan speed the tile shows with the default white as seen below. If I refresh the webpage, the correct yellow color appears.

Are Dashboard Tiles Configurable?

@stephack is this how you made those TV and fan tiles with images too? ie overlap a switch tile over an image tile?

Yessir

@bangali has provided a creative alternative but needs to be used with custom driver at the moment.

Think that has to do with how layers work in css, but I'll have to play with it a bit more. Just curious what happens if you reverse the order and place the button tile first then create an image tile and move it over the top (id's have to be greater, as that determines layering).

So to confirm, the color is correct on change of state but not reload of web page?

Correct.

I have tried doing this and it looks ok but I need to be able to interact with the tile...so the button tile needs to be added last or nothing happens.

Can you let me know which browser, os, screen resolution? The padding above the slider looks to big, but that looks like a pretty low res screen?

The slider was put on the bottom and centered due to several requests to have it centered and not overlap in some cases with the 3 dot side menu. This was also done to allow easier setting of lower and 100% values.

There does seem to be a padding issue on some browsers that isn't pushing it up under the light level. on small rows.

Will be tweaking the alignment in the next release. Probably making the level text smaller and tighten up the spacing between the slider and level text.

When posting issues, please remember to provide OS, version, browser and version and even screen resolution if known. CSS is a tricky animal and almost every browser renders it slightly different.

The good news is the attribute tile now sizes to fit its tile.

Ok, so it is a css layering issue. Since you are really just trying to have a background image in the tile, maybe that's a better feature request? Of course, I'm sure that will lead to the request to have per state backgrounds... :slight_smile:

Can you PM me your layout that has the issue, I can see if I can tweak some css in the next release to get rid of the button outline.

Another feature request could be to toggle the display of the icon, defaults to on.