Hubitat Dashboard App for Amazon Echo or dedicated Dashbord tablet

I am using the charging block that came with the Fire tablet. I purchased a USB cable with a right angle connector for the tablet. The charging block is plugged into the controlled outlet of the Eaton RF9605 duplex outlet. Here are a few more pictures showing the cable and final installation.

This is the previous generation Fire tablet. VidaMount is not going to make a wall mount for the 2021 Fire HD10. I spoke to one of their sales staff. He said there isn’t enough interest to justify the cost of tooling up for it. Most of their sales are to businesses, and they usually choose one of the other Android tablets. He did say he knew some customers had purchased the existing wall mount and made the minor modifications (cuts and fills) to allow it to hold a 2021 tablet. I have one I am going to do that to for another location in my house. If you are interested, feel handy, and find one of the wall mounts for sale snap it up and have fun. They are probably hard (impossible?) to find now. VidaMount was blowing them out a few months ago.

EDIT: Notice the modification I made to the wall plate around the brushes so the cord can lay flatter.

1 Like

How do you manage hubitat for the amazon tablet? by google chrome?

I use Fully Kiosk. There is a build specifically made for the Fire tablets. There is a Filly Kiosk driver for Hubitat. From that driver I can see the battery level of the tablet. I have a Rule Manager rule to torn off the outlet at 100% battery, and on at 20% battery.

1 Like

So now you have prompted some more questions.... :laughing:
Did you mount the Eaton switch inside the wall in a box?
Also where did you get the brushes? I have been looking for something like that for quite a while.
Thanks.

:grin:

Yes, the outlet is installed in a switchbox in the wall. If you look at my first pictures up at post 16 you can see the outlet in the wall. I bought the brushes on Amazon. There are lots of options there.

Have fun!