Hubitat @ CES 2019

I ran across this article at Missing Remote. Thought I would share. Good to see Hubitat at CES.

3 Likes

Nice article. No new news there - other than mentioning an upcoming 50% price increase... That seems like a huge jump in one move, but I already have my hubs - so not my problem.

Price has always been advertised as $149 but has never been that high as far as I know. Gives them the option of actually setting it that high but to me it's just marketing.

From the website...
Regular price $149.95 USD $99.95 USD

1 Like

Never noticed that. :slight_smile:

I guess that makes sense. In the end they need to price it such that they can pay the bills. Higher price = less customer demand, but higher margin. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I believe at one point it actually sold for 120+ and settled at 100 a few months ago.

1 Like

I don't think a hub cost increase is going to negatively affect sales. Once HE is established as a reliable HA controller I think the hub cost is not going to be much of a decision driver.

Look around at your HA system, for me the cost of the devices far out weighs the controller cost.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

I was on edge of buying the hub at $99. Not sure I would have bought it at $150. I think it would have just sat at the bottom of my want list. When I got into smartthings, I bough a used hub with 2 multi's, 1 motion, and a plug. Grabbed it off ebay for $68. But I understand not everyone has to be thrifty as me.

1 Like

Appears to be a different model on the table in the photo. Curved corners and no stick. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Nice catch. Also has green led instead of blue.

Hmmmmm....

2 Likes

Was wondering when somebody was going to notice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And the Power and Ethernet cords are in different places as well.

Ok @bravenel, @patrick, @bobbyD, @chuck.schwer - spill the beans! :slight_smile: Your CES Hub does not look like your currently shipping hub... :wink:

4 Likes

One year anniversary is coming up soon. New hub, mobile apps.... Hmm...

1 Like

That would be my luck as i JUST received mine the other day, lol

I would still buy it tho, because I am silly like that.

Very true and I bet the HE team would actually include a migration utility, unlink the broken promises from ST.

7 Likes

I am excited about the mobile app. Wish I would have caught it on the play store.