Hubitat C8 and Tuya TS0203 contact sensor problems

I have a few Tuya contact sensors that pair and work absolutely fine with the C7, I have just upgraded one of my hubs to the C8 for increased range but unfortunately the TS0203 does not work with the C8, when pairing, the C8 finds the sensor but does not seem to complete the pairing as the light continues to flash, the sensor is in the devices list but does not respond, I have tried various things with different drivers, different methods of pairing and many reboots but nothing seems to make a difference. I can remove the sensor from the C8 and it then pairs and works fine with the C7, (which is where I have left it for the moment accessing it from the C8 using hub mesh)
If anyone has any experience with these sensors and has got them working with the C8 I would be grateful if they could share what they have done!
Thanks

I've tried a new TS0203 with the Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp) device type on a C8, and am unable to get it to work either. I've re-paired the TS0203 multiple times following advice in other threads (pair first time, then select the generic driver save and re-pair, I've done this multiple times right next to the C8). I only get battery status showing 100%, no open close, and nothing in the logs other than a warn during pairing but it does pair.

Seems like the device pairs on C-8, but does not stay connected to HE... As it works on C-7 using the same driver, the problem is most probably with the new C-8 Zigbee stack, that is reported by other users and Hubitat engineers are trying to resolve in the last weeks.

You can try also this driver, but I don't think it will make any difference, the problem is not on a driver, but on system level.

I have tried this driver with slightly strange results, when I first pair it joins the hub but doesn't respond, if I remove the device and re-pair it automatically assigns this driver and does work for about 30 seconds then just stops again.

Yep, this is the typical effect when a device changes its NWK address and leaves the Zigbee network.

We have to wait for a system platform update that will fix this issue with the C-8 new Zigbee adapter from the Hubitat team.

Just tried it again (first time after last update) and suddenly all works as expected!

1 Like