Hubitat C5 Hub Spec

It is 100 full

I just bought a Hubitat and the crazy/strange thing is that it came with a cat 7 cable :open_mouth:

1 Like

Same!

CAT6+ or even CAT7 is just the norm now.

Individual port speed is irrelevant to the other devices on a switch. Only mattered a long long time ago on hubs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It matters if the Hubitat could use gigabit, but then got downgraded to 100 because the PoE splitter maxes at that. That is why I asked and got confirmation it was 100 to begin with, so there is no worries about using PoE.

If anyone is still on a hub or 10mb only switch... I think they have bigger problems with their network than worrying about PoE.

1 Like

FYI, this thread is old, but as much as it is said, both hubs are the same, I've opened both hubs and the C5 has a different processor than the C4. I don't know if it's of any consequence tho.....

PoE and Ethernet speeds are completely independent. I get that your PoE injector will force the switch down to 100Mb, but I wouldn't worry. May be of concern with a huge file transfer, but not with what the Hubitat is sending-receiving.

As a reference, my Hub is on a 100Mb Netgear unmanaged 8-port switch with no issues. That switch is even shared with two HPE iLo connections for my servers and four APC UPS management devices. All work perfectly together. :slight_smile:

I'm pretty sure that the hubs ethernet connection is only 100Mb anyway. I have it on a 1Gb switch and it only uses 100Mbs

1 Like

Yeah, that was all answered/resolved over a year ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like