Hubitat Audio

Yeah I also have some issues with Sonos, particularly when the internet goes down and comes back, it seems that only about half of my Sonos speakers work anymore from Hubitat, no sure if I need to reserve an IP for them or what but annoying enough to make me go 100% echos for TTS.

I have all of my HA devices set with reserved IP addresses.
You don’t have your router and hub on a backup? :scream_cat:

1 Like

I do but sometimes power outages outlast that or when the WiFi is misbehaving I give it a reboot. Also since the Sonos devices form a mesh network I am not really sure how DHCP reservations would work with that.

I didn't know that, but would imagine they wouldn't be any different than devices connected to a switch, which are fine with having a reservation. They still have to get their IP from the router.

Yeah idk, I may give it another go, but honestly I don't feel like I am missing out on anything with my current Echo Dot setup. On another note, if you are interested in looking up their mesh, search up SonosNet.

I will admit that I use Echo Speaks for all of my TTS announcements and it has been solid for me, so no arguments there. It's the old "if it ain't broke"...

1 Like

I even heard he was thinking about making a light version that only does TTS without any of the other functions/rules. I just hope that the light version includes Alexa guard support as well.

1 Like

For what it's worth, I moved ES back from SmartThings to Hubitat 4 days ago and haven't seen the slightest bit of difference in my Hub Watchdog times (or personal perception of automation speed), although a lite version would make it easier to get to TTS on the device page (which goes on forever, especially on a phone). I think this latest hub update was the ticket. I also further reduced my event history and my database is now down to 2 MB on that hub (from 37MB).

1 Like

I use multiple Google speakers with NodeRed and HE and never had an issue. In the beginning I did use just HE but the integration never worked well but NodeReds one is well supported and flawless.

1 Like