Hubitat and Google Home - device not compatible

So I've been having issues with my freezer not keeping temperature. But I can't decide if someone is leaving the door open or not. So I bought a cheap temperature sensor from aquara and noticed it was zigbee. Well I didn't want to be trapped by a single hub for a single manufacturer, so I did some research and bought the Hubitat to handle these sensors and any future zigbee or Z-Wave stuff that I purchase

I got the sensor paired with Hubitat, I installed the driver, now I can see the temp readings in Hubitat. But in order to make it work with Google Home I need to do the aquara integration. I feel like when I used to use SmartThings, anything that was paired with SmartThings would automatically work within Google Home. I'm struggling to find the same success with Hubitat

When I select Hubitat from Google Home, I login, I can see my sensor, but I get a message that it's not compatible with Google Home

I feel like I'm missing something simple here. Why won't Hubitat just pass the raw data from the sensor to Google Home? Is it possible to create a virtual aqara hub in Hubitat so I can do the aquara integration in GH directly?

Use the community Google Home integration instead of the built-in integration

2 Likes

This worked generally well. I was able to 'remap' my temp sensor as a generic sensor. Now GH picks it up. Thanks, this gives me alot to play with

1 Like