Hubitat and android tv integration

How to control my android tv using HE

Maybe try the Chromecast driver? I think it may give you some capability but won't allow you to turn the TV on/off.

I want to open installed apps on android tv using HE. How can I do that?

1 Like

If it's a Samsung, you are in luck - there is a driver that can do that (search the forums). I've not seen any such driver for other brands.

Hello

@ajones has done an amazing job with Sony TVs

What is missing (not his fault) is the ability to select a Profile for say Amazon Music, Netflix... or to be able to search/select a show. We are currently watching Grey's Anatomy, 16 seasons. I can tell Alexa to turn on Netflix and even issue Left, Right, Down commands however if the show is no longer in the position I expect, I get the wrong show

It's great to get through the first few steps, however I find it necessary to still grab the remote to finish the setup to what we want to watch

Good luck

With Google Assistant you can say something like "watch Grey's Anatomy on Netflix on Living Room TV" and it will pull it up nicely. Not sure if that's possible on Alexa.

But for controlling my Sharp TV I've not had good results using the HE community driver, so I've resorted to having my Fully Kiosk tablet next door to a Google Nest Display speak the commands needed for automations lol. And even then Google struggles to switch this blasted TV on and off. Quite pathetic that Google can't properly control devices even in its own ecosystem. Classicly pathetic Google, as usual.

Im able to control my tv using anymote and android tv remote control app. Im surfing over internet for drivers.

Anyone ever come up with something? I have a few google chromecasts with android tv and want to be able to control up, down, left, right and select with hubitat. They have play and pause and volume ability with the google chromecast beta. Hoping that something is out there!

@jeevaagskj @Angus_M

I don’t think it’s possible. Maybe try one of the IR solutions instead…the little RM mini’s are really cheap and work well with the driver available on the forum. Oh, but that will have to work with your TV tho, since the Chromecast itself can’t be controlled with IR.