Hubigraphs 4.8 (The Final Chapter)

I, too, am seeing these above issues. The durations on timelines differ based on the view. Is this still on the radar?

Also, as a feature enhancement, it would be great if one could graph the durations on a line graph. I know that is way more complex and likely a limit in how you are using Google Graphs.

LJ

The issues are on the radar, just a question of priority. Google Graphs has an issue that if you look across days, the displayed length of an event is in days.

I have two new graph types, some UI enhancements and some standardization to get working across the graphs first. Over the weekend, I have been working to get library calls working on groovy so I can fix code for one graph and have it propagate. Additionally, I want to allow configuration of the pop ups. This would fix the above issues but requires some changes which will require Java script.

The next release will require loading a JS file via the FileManager ...

4 Likes

Curious..... @thomas.c.howard @dman2306 Does HPM have ways to accommodate loading this file automatically?

It does not, however, I have been toying with that idea. The problem is right now I'd have to do it in a very hackish way. I was really hoping HE would add an API to let us create files in the not to distant future. If it isn't in the next HE release, I'll probably just code it the hackish way.

2 Likes

Then it could be automated in HPM I guess, if such a file was needed as part of the install. Cool!

No luck unfortunately - but the error I had has changed now to:
groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_tchoward_Hubigraph_Line_Graph_483.logDebug() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [Creating Device Hubigraph Temperature] on line 456 (hubiTool_create_tile)

I feel like I can't get this working correctly for me. Maybe it is because of the installation I did using the Hubitat Package Manager. I can't get some of these to work correctly. For example, with a Hubigraph Range Bar:

Error 404

Child app not found for namespace: tchoward and name: Hubigraph Range Bar

The Page requested could not be found

If you are seeing this screen repeatedly, please contact Support. For assistance, email support@hubitat.com or go to community.hubitat.com.

Also, for the Hubigraph Bar Graph:

Error 404

Child app not found for namespace: tchoward and name: Hubigraph Bar Graph

The Page requested could not be found

If you are seeing this screen repeatedly, please contact Support. For assistance, email support@hubitat.com or go to community.hubitat.com.

I did get a Line Graph and Time Line to work, but when I tried to Configure Graph on the Hubigraph Gauge it failed with an error:

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object

That came from line 164 of the Hubigraph Gauge:
num_ = num_highlights.toInteger();

It seemed to find the value OK during the setup.

Maybe I have something not quite right here? I'm guessing I'm missing some of the Apps code.

Give me a day; I am almost ready to release the new version... Range Graphs and Bar Graphs are coming soon...

6 Likes

Thanks so much!

I'll wait for the latest to come through. This is really nice.

All, @cometfish, @BrianP; Hubigraphs 1.6 is released. PLEASE read the description. Install is a little different until Package Manager catches up...

2 Likes

Hi @thomas.c.howard, I uploaded the JS file, and updated Hubigraphs. Still getting the line 456 error though, and no device appears :disappointed:

(Then tried creating a whole new graph, in case mine was bugged, but the same thing happened)

Are you sure it is the same error? I am looking at the code and due to the reorg, line 483 in line graphs is unrelated...

Also check your code versions under Apps code;
Hubigraphs; V 1.0 Ordering, Color and Common API
Hubigraphs Line Graph: V 1.5 Ordering, Color and Common API

I went through a “new” Line graph and everything looked good so It looks like something didn’t install?

Ahhh ok this is where I went wrong...

I misinterpreted this to mean I just had to load Hubigraph.js manually, not I have to reload all the app code manually from github.

Thanks for your patience, it is working now :smiley: Looking good!

OK, I tried installing through Hubitat Package Manager, then tried installing without using it, and not everything seems to be working for me. I now have the updated Hubigraph Range Bar and Bar Graphs. Those look really interesting!

However, I'm having some problems with getting the Hubigraph Gauge to work correctly. After I select the device/data, I get the following error once I try to run "Configure Graph"

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object

The problem was with line 164 in the HubiGraph Gauge code based on the log:

app:3422020-06-18 08:16:08.422 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object on line 164 (graphSetupPage)

dynamicPage(name: "graphSetupPage") {
    parent.hubiForm_section(this,"General Options", 1){
        container = [];
        container << parent.hubiForm_text_input (this, "Gauge Title", "gauge_title", "Gauge Title", false);
        container << parent.hubiForm_text_input (this, "Gauge Units", "gauge_units", "Units", false);
        container << parent.hubiForm_text_input (this, "Gauge Number Formatting<br><small>Example</small>", "gauge_number_format", "##.#", false);

container << parent.hubiForm_slider (this, "Select Number of Highlight Areas on Gauge", "num_highlights",  3, 0, 3, " highlights");

parent.hubiForm_container(this, container, 1); 
    }

num_ = num_highlights.toInteger();

It's having a problem with num_highlights.toInteger() (that's line 164).

One other thing I'd like to mention, is that I can't get the Left/Right axes to work correctly. If I set the right axis to min/max those values will be used for the left axis. The right axis seems to be using default, auto-calculated values. Maybe a 0/1 indexing problem?

@BrianP, I’ll take a look. Thanks for the feedback. I knew there would be some error in the new build...

All, @BrianP; Version 1.61 with above mentioned issues fixed has been uploaded. Package manager updates. No need to update Hubigraph.js for this release.

2 Likes

That fixed my problem!

Both my issue with the Graph page and now I can seem to fix the right/left axes correctly.

I saw one other problem, I think. I tried to get the "Use Custom Tics/Labels" to work in the gauge graph, but I don't think anything came up as required to set that. Once I clicked that on in the gauge graph, I couldn't turn it back off, and there was nothing to set.

Great work. I love the local Hubigraph.js stored on the hub.

Hello

I have a question. How did you do that menu on the left which is called 'Panels'?

I have created a bar graph and I do get the same look as the example, but I am unable to drag them into order, when I drag them around I get the no entry (circle with a cross through). What would cause this, I did make a txt file copy the Hubigraph.js text into it then renamed it to .js and uploaded it, is that the correct way to do it?