Hubigraphs 4.8 (The Final Chapter)

Hey @thomas.c.howard,

Enjoying the app! A few questions:

1. Topic here is labeled "HubiGraph" which I prefer but the app itself is name "Hubigraphs", so...when are you going to pick your favorite? :slight_smile:

2. Are you waiting for the app to exit Beta before adding it to Hubitat Package Manager? I think that @dman2306 has provisions in place for Beta apps. This app is changing so often it would be amazing to have it in there!

3. I have a Power sensor that spikes during inrush as a compressor is turned on for a refrigerator. So I will get a logged entry of 768W instead of the normal 150W and it messes up the graph because it's for such a short time that I should ignore it. Would it be possible to have a max value the I could set so the graph when smoothing could ignore these entries. I have also seen some voltages go negative for some reason and I would like to ignore negative values on those devices.

Thanks so much for the hard work on this. The gauges are so cool too...

-Travis

Pretty please! I haven't even been able to keep up with these updates! Not that is a bad thing.

1 Like

Answers:

1. Done. Yes, the S matters
  2. I have not really looked at the package manager. I'll need to look into it.
  3. Please look through the options under left/right axis. You can already set the min/max value. I would suggest maybe 0 and 150? Let me know if that functionality is broken.
1 Like

@thomas.c.howard
Okay, thanks that seems to sort out the gauge, only issue now is (sorry) it does not show the gauge number units and this was working before, so I use V for my volts this just now shows 224 no V.
This is for all gauge number units now.

Thanks

This one is easy; there is a units option to it to “v” or anything else (Actually, give me 5 minutes, its broken)

Okay, this is what I have selected

This is what it shows
Gauge3

Sorry I might be missing where I need to add the units?

@gregish. Updated. It should reflect the V. You were configuring it correctly. I had a build configuration issue.

Minor issue I forgot to report prevously and just ran into it again when the browser auto-filled the field. If you are entering the graph axis format for time and you accidentally use a capital A for AM/PM instead of a small a (i.e. hh:mm A) you get an error that cannot be recovered from. You have to delete the graph and start over.

I'm confused. This was all so easy to setup before and now I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

This is supposed to show total watts. Something changed on the backend? I can't get the old 0.3 code I was using to display this correctly either.

This is what 0.3 displays for me now when I try to see total watts (power) from my HEM

Actual current state from my HEM

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 10.48.48 PM

Individual clamps are still fine.

Looks like 12 hours of data works, but anything over that has that display issue.

If I switch to line graph instead of area graph and set the timespan to 1 week, it's even weirder.

:rofl: this is officially the best thread ever.

+1 for giving consideration to adding this awesome app to hubitat package manager!

5 Likes

Notice the scale? Looks like you had a “bad data spike”. On the longer timespan it seems to be average out (I have no idea how Google Graphs figures that out — min/max/mean).

Try this — same graph as above but set the yaxis min and max to something that matches the other graphs.

Also, look through your data via the web app. Bet you $$$$ you’ll see the data spike.

What could be happening? The graphs that are built for “immediate display” query the database. The “live graphs” get data directly from the endpoint. Am I saying that the database could have errors? Yes, yes I am. I have learned a lot over the past weeks and one of them is that sometimes the database gets corrupted (has errors). For the most part, it doesn’t matter, then some fool comes along and actually starts using it; a lot. Well, you know how the story goes.

1 Like

I agree..but what about that poor capital G?:rofl:

2 Likes

Just discover this and its awesome, the only suggest I gave is please add it Hubitat Package manager

1 Like

I just installed HPM, and it found and updated Hubigraphs for me without any problem

@thomas.c.howard, this is a really nice package. The line graph is working very well for me, but I have a couple of issues/suggestions about the time line:

--when displayed as a tile, everything looks good except that when I "hover" over an event it doesn't give accurate start/stop/duration information. It always says the event was a full day long.

--when I double click the tile to expand it, the hover works fine but I lose the labels on the x axis. My "presence" graph (various motion detectors & doors) is 1 week long, and I lose all information about which day is which. That info is present in the tile

-- Finally, in both tile and expanded mode there is always an extra "event" at the very right edge of each timeline. If I hover over it, it happened NOW and is 0 minutes long.

Not trying to nit-pick, just thought you might want the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into the issues (when I get a chance). One thing; the extra event on the left is a place holder so the timeline shows up correctly (I.e. spanning the whole selected time). It is a quirk with Google graphs.

1 Like

Yup, me too. Thanks for adding that @thomas.c.howard!

3 Likes

Yep; thanks for the spoiler. Hyper smoothing and package manager support.

5 Likes

I used to tell my little sister what she would be getting for Hanukkah after I figured out where our parents hid the presents each year, too.

Old habits die hard, I guess.

4 Likes